Allergy to adhesive please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meekz

Reaction score
OMG what the hell is happening to me ever since i've been using flirties glue, my nose is constantly running and im sneezing like a baboon i thought i've been suffering with a virus but i think its the glue !!!!! i love this glue its brilliant ,anyone else simlar plz HELP!!!!

Hiya, I don't suffer with it myself but my clients get a little bunged up during application :)

I get runny nose and sore throat after doing extensions with super strength flirties glue.

If it's an odour adhesive try putting a glass of water near you when you're doing the lashes sounds silly but it attracts the odour and this is what's probably causing you trouble! It can even make clients short of breath.

I suffer like you wouldn't believe and have tried loads of different glues. I get a bunged up nose, and end up sneezing and snotting! Not as bad as some Ladies on here though! I now have to wear an EN149 grade mask to help but it still doesnt stop it totally. Am deffo going to try putting a glass of water next to me to try and absorb some of the odours...x

Omg I've recently changed to this glue and looking back all of my clients have ended up bunged up come the end. I didn't even think about the glue!
I always wear a mask as I dont like breathing all over my client so I haven't suffered with anything yet :/

Thanx everyone for info regarding flirties glue, i had such a nightmare night couldn't even breath and then had panic attack worrying whether it was going to get worse throughout the night !!! didnt sleep a wink so now im shattered can anyone recommed an odourless glue ? i have eyelash emporium medium but i dont rate it at all!!!!!!!!

I do 5-6 sets of lashes plus infils a day and use the Flirties expert strength and never had these reactions I do only place a very small amount on the jade stone, I don't place the jade stone near the clients head and I don't use much adhesive in the application, I would recommend wearing a mask and ensure your room is well ventilated

It's not just Flirties glue.

I have a major allergy now to the lash glue. I have tried loads but, as the basic ingredient is the same, they will all cause the same reaction. In my experience, the faster drying the glue, the worse the reaction.

However, I love my Flirties glue and want to use the best products for my clients. I wear the mask, plus goggles and surgical gloves!

I sure look ridiculous but it helps, and their eyes are shut anyway! LOL

That made me laugh picturing myself wearing gloves mask and goggles what a sight its more like performing surgery than applying lashes lol

How long does the reations last as im still bunged up coughing and sneezing this is crazy....

I have lashed today at 11am... had my mask on, glass of water to abosrt the odours but in the last hour my allergy has really kicked in. For me it lasts days and I sneeze and snot for ever. I am totally cheesed off with it. I am going to the Olympia show tomorrow and going to visit the lash stands to ask their opionion and advise.
x

Will be great to hear what advice you are given at Olympia. Please let us know x

Yes plz let us know what advice they give you I'm in agony cant go on like this.

Yes plz let us know what advice they give you I'm in agony cant go on like this.
Well Ladies.. Olympia was heaving.. .and I mean HEAVING. :evil: Many stands were choc-a-bloc and trying to find somebody to help and answer questions was a nightmare. Lovey on Novalash said that the glue allergy is quite common and keeping a window open doesn't help as it moves the fumes around. And that's about all I can tell you. Was frankly a bit disappointed with the whole show. I know my only interest in the show was Eyelashes but it was like a bun fight.
By the way... my allergy is no where near as bad today as it has been in the past and the only thing I did different was to sit a glass of water near my glue stone to absorb the fumes. Give it a go.. xxx

Well Ladies.. Olympia was heaving.. .and I mean HEAVING. :evil: Many stands were choc-a-bloc and trying to find somebody to help and answer questions was a nightmare. Lovey on Novalash said that the glue allergy is quite common and keeping a window open doesn't help as it moves the fumes around. And that's about all I can tell you. Was frankly a bit disappointed with the whole show. I know my only interest in the show was Eyelashes but it was like a bun fight.
By the way... my allergy is no where near as bad today as it has been in the past and the only thing I did different was to sit a glass of water near my glue stone to absorb the fumes. Give it a go.. xxx

thanks for posting back. I'll definitely try the water to see if it helps but I'm also considering some sort of professional air filter for my salon.

thanks for posting back. I'll definitely try the water to see if it helps but I'm also considering some sort of professional air filter for my salon.

Good luck with that Honey. My heart goes out to you and you clearly suffer big, big time. Let us know how you get on xx

LashBase have now updated their information on the glue allergy, see their home page at www.lashbase.co.uk. good luck.

Latest posts

Back