Alternative to Lily Lolo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabinkel

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Im after a new mineral make up range. I currently stock Lily Lolo, but the love affair is over for one reason or another, lol
I would love any suggestions? Although my main income is eyelash extensions now, I do still do a fair amount of make up classes so want something with great pigmentation, and that dosent look chalky, (i find id chalky)
Any help greatfully received!

art deco - love it!

Oooo thanks for that! Do they do a large range? Are the eye colours well pigmented? Are they reasonably priced? God, sorry, that was like question time lol:lol:

Does anyone have opinion on Jane Iredale or Krush Minerals?
Thanks guys

Does anyone have opinion on Jane Iredale or Krush Minerals?
Thanks guys

I have had the reps from both these company's to see me. Krush looks lovely- very glam. The downside was the lack of brown shades, very biased towards pink colours and liquid foundation felt heavy. JI has lots of product choice and looks elegant but not sexy! I feel it is designed for the older woman. Great foundation choice but concerned about the cakiness that was reported on here. The rep says up to 10 layers are applied!! but I guess you do not have to do that! Also good training. I am waiting for the Art Deco rep to see me as I felt really excited when I saw this range - they offer baked (pressed) mineral eyeshadow which looks lovely. Check out the Glam Stars range - fab. Hope I am impressed when I see it. HTH.:hug:

I stock JI, it really is a fantastic range they literally have a product for everything !

I can't really fault any of the products. The packaging is aimed more at the older clientele IMO but a lot of the products are really funky and I sell a lot of eye make up as it is same sort of prices as clinique, lancome etc,

The only thing I would say is that I think Lily Lolo is much, much cheaper than JI so not sure how your clients will feel about paying more for JI ?

Even though they have a massive range the min opening order was about £500 but I still managed to spend above beyond that !

They also do some fab make up events in the salon which they don't charge you for and is a great way of boosting retail.

thanks for that guys. Is the art deco range mineral? I seem to have found normal make up? Maybe Im looking in wrong place lol.
I think my clients would pay a bit more. I find that mineral make up lasts a longer time as a little seems to go a long way. Im trying to request info packs on any recommendations so anyone have any other suggestions, hit me with 'em:lol:

Cabinkel i'm curious, was it the company or the product you had a problem with because you seemed to rave about it before?

I'm thinking about getting a make-up range in, which is why i'm trying to get as much information as possible.

Cabinkel i'm curious, was it the company or the product you had a problem with because you seemed to rave about it before?

I'm thinking about getting a make-up range in, which is why i'm trying to get as much information as possible.

Products are FAB! I cant fault them:hug:
I will pm you xx

Art Deco do a huge range of make up, both conventional and mineral...request an info pack and you'll see what I mean!

Would you mind pm'ing me with your reasons for changing...I have been very tempted to stock Lily Lolo so would any advice regarding pro's & con's would be helpful xx

Art Deco do a huge range of make up, both conventional and mineral...request an info pack and you'll see what I mean!

Would you mind pm'ing me with your reasons for changing...I have been very tempted to stock Lily Lolo so would any advice regarding pro's & con's would be helpful xx

Yeah could you please mention reasons for stopping using these products as i have just gone onto their website and prices seem very reasonable, but their colour choices look great. i use to use jane iredale and didnt like it at all, found the packaging to be targeted for older ladies. the only product i get on with and use daily is the tinted moisturiser, i found the colours to blend to nothing and i felt it was due to them being mineral so stopped using mineral makeup for this reason and stuck to m.a.c for the strong pigments and blendability.

Have you looked at PROTO-COL????

So Art Deco seems to be a popular choice! I have requested an info pack so hope to get an idea from that.
I just want to add that I have no issue with the Lily Lolo products, just the way they treat stockists now. the products are fab xx

Take a look at Cozmetic Lab.

Love Jane Iredale, clients love it too. Good company to deal with too.

Latest posts

Back