Am I allowed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebestnails

Reaction score
Ok, So today after much deliberating, I finally made a decision and if anyone knows me I am the most indecisive person ever. Been debating which one of all the 4 beands I should try first as I am a broke at the mo and can only afford one at a time. My options were Creative, NSI, Ez flow and Entity based on feedback and reviews I have read.

Managed to be spontaneous:rolleyes: (which doesn't happen as I possess a fear of failing and everything must be logical) cos seemed like until I tried I wouldn't know what would be MY own BEST brand. So I called up and placed an order for the retention+ starter kit which I was told should arrive tomorrow.

Really excited :green: but then realised the kit doen't come with a clear powder and I tend to like to mix in a little bit of clear in with pink for people with pinkier nail beds.

Anyway, my dilema is this.......

I came across some Creative Solar nail clear powder on ebay for a reasonable price and was wondering if I can use retention+ monomer with it?

Please help:cry:

IMO i would never by professional products off ebay as you never know if they have been tampered with or if they are what they say they are!

i always buy of ebay and it depends on what you buy and normally they aren't tampereed with you just have to know what you are buying. you can buy some good bargains especially by creative.
i have never had a problem yet.even with the retention still been sealed

IMO i would never by professional products off ebay as you never know if they have been tampered with or if they are what they say they are!

i agree with sommer. you never know what you could end up with.

i always buy of ebay and it depends on what you buy and normally they aren't tampereed with you just have to know what you are buying. you can buy some good bargains especially by creative.

you never really know if its the genuine article though . i often have a look on there and sometimes find that they go for more than you pay at the authorised dealer. i have got a lot of stuff from e bay, but i'd be scared to get l/p from there in case i was paying a lot of money for counterfeit goods. i think theres money to be saved on other things though !:green:

you buy retention+ from ebay? can I ask how they deliver it to you?

you buy retention+ from ebay? can I ask how they deliver it to you?

The starter kit was from www.designernails.co.uk . Only came across the powder on ebay while browsing as you do and thought about getting it.

It does say it's brand new and the seller seems to be a business on ebay offering other products like essie, nailtiques,orly and opi. So i didn't get the impression that the seller was a con.

The starter kit was from www.designernails.co.uk . Only came across the powder on ebay while browsing as you do and thought about getting it.

It does say it's brand new and the seller seems to be a business on ebay offering other products like essie, nailtiques,orly and opi. So i didn't get the impression that the seller was a con.
irrespective as to whether the seller is a con or not... if retention+ or any other monomer is sent through regular post then it's illegal... monomer is highly flammable and needs to be packed in special absorbent product incase of leakage... or sent by courier, anything else is not allowed.
just a FYI (for your information) kind of thing....
anyone buying professional products from ebay needs to realise that they're risking not only their professional reputation but risking getting 'duff' products and also the health of their clients nails by not knowing if the items they're buying and using are above board and whether they're actually what they say they are.

irrespective as to whether the seller is a con or not... if retention+ or any other monomer is sent through regular post then it's illegal... monomer is highly flammable and needs to be packed in special absorbent product incase of leakage... or sent by courier, anything else is not allowed.
just a FYI (for your information) kind of thing....
anyone buying professional products from ebay needs to realise that they're risking not only their professional reputation but risking getting 'duff' products and also the health of their clients nails by not knowing if the items they're buying and using are above board and whether they're actually what they say they are.

Your advice have been noted and I'm sure others who read this thread will take into consideration the risks associated with buying products off sites such as ebay.

Thanks guys. xx

I BOUGHT A BOTTLE OF RETENTION + MONOMER TO TRY IT AND SEE IF IT WOULD SOLVE MY LIFTING PROBLEM , (AFTER GOING THROUGH MY PREP and still having problems) It worked by the way..
OOOOps soz for caps!
Anyway, I have it delivered in a 'normal' package and yes it had leaked slightly. The package wasnt wet or anything but you could smell the liquid really strongly! :eek: Bet the poor postman was baffled to why it smelt like that!! :rolleyes: When I opened it, it was only protected by the bubble wrap and nothing that could 'soak up' liquid that possibly leaked.

I wasnt very happy but the bottle was still full so It couldnt have leaked that much.... but we all know that stuff is very strong and most techs would be able to smell a drop split in a palace! LOL

I didnt know that there were laws against sending this stuff and reading this thread has opened my eyes! :eek:

Latest posts

Back