Am I Over-reacting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephy_Devil

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I was after a bit of advice if possible because I'm unsure if my over stressing of the situation is making a mountain out of nothing.

Ive been doing acrylics tip and overlay for the past 6 months. I love what I do and the finished product always looks great in my eyes. On Clients as well as 'victims' I have never had ANY com[plaints and many are returning client's. That in itself tells me im on the right track. I give a full breakdown of aftercare advice as well as supply client's with a small printed leaflet telling them how to take care of their new extensions.

A firned of mine, referred me to a mate of hers which I do not know personally but have heard about. A young girl who has a reputaion for being a bit of a gobby so and so not the most ethical person around however our circles have never crossed so being the non judgemental person I am (despite warnings from my BF and other friends) I went ahead and done a lovely set of extensions for her. Like usual I gave her an aftercare leaflet and as I had used a new system on her I explained that if she had any problems then to let me know.

3 days later she txts me and says that a nail has just 'fallen off' and can I replace it. When I asked her what she was doing she said she was opening her car boot at the time and it 'pinged off' I made an appointment to replace it - no charge - and the morning of her appoitnment she texts me again to say 2 more had just fallen off and she wasnt even doing anything. When I questioned her about lifting she didnt reply.

I made the decision that as I used a new system I would get her to saok them off and replace the whole set free of charge with my usual system I had no complaints about.

I did that last Friday.

Yesterday I had a text from her saying 3 had fallen off. She wasn't doing anything she'd just started work in an office doing paperwork.

I explained I'd never had any problems with the system I used on her, in fact she was the only one to have problems but there would be a cost for replacements which I dont mind doing. She explained she was broke and it would need to wait until 21st May for her to get them done.

I'm now concerned. Is she taking me for a mug and trying to use me to get as many freebies as she can because she's careless. Are they really that bad of a job (despite not having any complaints before). I prep like it's my life doing everything by the book and following advice I've gotten from SG so I know it cant be that. But I run the risk of her badmouthing me and ruining the small business I have in the very small town I live in. Someone like that could be a real threat to me I supose.

I just wanted to see if maybe I was overreacting or ... does it sound as if I have reason to?

Sorry for the essay on this Geeks but any feedback would be great

x

It seems that as a few people warned you about her she is known for this sort of thing. I understand your concern as you had used a different system there may have been service breakdown but as you replaced with a trusted system and the same thing happened you can be sure this is the clients lifestyle, lack of care etc. As far as ruining your reputation bad mouthing you will simply add to her bad one, don't worry it will soon pass and you have other happy clients to recomend you :) x

Don't worry about her. People know she has a reputation. She is having a laugh and you are not helping by re-doing for nothing. You have done it once .. learned your lesson. Either tell her no more nails or she pays up.

You'll always get the odd client who'll try it on for a freebie, you've given her just that, anything more and she's taking the mick out of you - ignore her, unless she pays up.

Can I ask though, why are you changing system if you've not had problems with your original? :) Just curious.

I was 'recommended' a system that turned out to be a pretty crap one .. Ive learnt a valuable newbie lesson .. if it aint broke dont fix it! lol

If she's had the set of nails on for two weeks (including the original set) tell her you would only get 2 weeks before infills are required so she has had the use of a full set and would require an infill. Then tell her your full and NEVER do her again, don't worry about her bad mouthing you it sounds like she has a rep for this. Don't bad mouth her in return tho as this will do you no favours either. Hold your head up and walk away hth x

I was 'recommended' a system that turned out to be a pretty crap one .. Ive learnt a valuable newbie lesson .. if it aint broke dont fix it! lol
so true x:hug:

you may have read a recent post about my concerns about a customer being unhappy. It happens to us all at some point or other.

Don't worry about it, be ruthless. I am going to be! The good clients will not question the need to pay, they know your work is worth it xxx

Hello, I would say to her that obviously the her nails are rejecting the product and not everybody is able to wear them, remove them and send her packing. As said above her reputation goes before her and even if she was to bad mouth you, well people are probably bored and used to her being a gobby so and so and wont take any notice anyway xxx:hug:

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words.

I have decided to draw up a disclaimer in addition to my client record cards and even have a small one as a back up about some people not being able to take these kinds of products.

When this girl asked when I was free I told her but havent heard from her since. I'm going to leave it at that I think and just not be available if she contacts me further. She's had her fun from me and gotten two sets for the price of one so I wont be bothering again. I know I do a good job, so she can say what she likes because I have other satisfied and happy customers!

Gorgeous Tips I read about your ordeal earlier today and I have to say how impressed I was at how you handled it! No one should be on the receiving line of such bullying behaviour in these types of industries. I hope it hasnt knocked you hun!

x

Latest posts

Back