am i overprotective?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when my kids were small.....8-10 they were not allowed more than 3 houses down when playing outside.......when they were a bit older 11-13 they had to be within shouting distance ...maybe 6 houses down.....when they got to be teens say ......9th grade....curfew was awlways the grade they were in....
9th grade= 9pm
10=10pm....

and so on....when they walked home from school I knew EXACTLY how long it took and they called me when they got home......strict ...yes....but they were able to grow up with no wierdo's snatching them....now that they are adults....I make them call me at leased 2 a week ....hey I'm still a mom ....and I miss them! lol........

thankyou so much for your replies..schools back soon:) My little darling is appreciating me alot now she has spent a few days with her father,lol!
That made me laugh, our dads never want to let us grow up at all, if they had their way we'd never have our hair cut, never wear makeup and never ever get within half a mile of a boy with out a 8 foot tall knuckles draging body guard armed with a cattle prod.:)

On a more serious note, growing up, all my friends wanted a mum like mine, because I did what ever I wanted. All I wanted was a mum who cared.
When I became a mum, I made sure I was one who cared and I dicided if that meant she hated me, well I could live with that if she grew up, was educated and well balanced and nothing bad happened to her.
She's 18 now and tonight is girly night, wine, chocs, face pack, and a film.
You hang in there hun. You are doing it right.:hug:

i have a difficult almost 12 year old girl!
icon_rolleyes.gif
would love to have a world wide opinion of this latest situation from you please! my daughters best friend turned up tonight (8.20pm to be precise) shouting out for her in the dark while i was doing my client. she disappeared before i managed to catch her. a few minutes later she is knocking on the door for her sims 2 book. so of course i asked her if her mother knew she was out so late (she lives a 10 minute walk away and had even younger girls with her) to which i was greeted with the folded arms and stink eye,lol. i have to add that we had 16 missed calls over 24 hours from this child (from her mobile at $1 per call). i gave her a good telling off while remaining calm:( . now i have banned my daughter from staying at her house, as i am very concerned about the lack of discipline there (the girl is welcome at my house). my daughter is so embarrassed of my apparent OTT behaviour
icon_rolleyes.gif
. am i overprotective? i don't think so! and more importantly should i speak to this childs mother..who i might add seems to be off with the fairies,lol.

at times we do have to 'divert' attention, if you feel uneasy about this girl it almost always is for valid reasons.
motherhood is such a hard role sometimes.... please give us remote controls to pause for just a while!
i am experiencing 'i'm almost 15' at the mo :eek::):mad::lol::cry::irked::confused::Scared:
my son, who knows it all (ha!) is raising my eyebrows on a few different levels.
BREATHE!!!!!

Latest posts

Back