Amsterdam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to book for September, has anyone been here this time of the year?

Yes we have, Amsterdam is very much like the UK with it being so close. You may get hot days and you may not. Not very helpful I know. :rolleyes:

The last time we went was September and I remember not wanting to eat outside in the evening because the weather wasn't up to it and we had blankets over our laps for our nightcap outside the pub on the way home. I would take boots, jeans, nice warm jacket etc to be cosy.

Hotel De Gerstekorrel - Amsterdam - The Netherlands

i went with a group of girls in feb and thats where we stayed... pretty basic but right in the center was a two minute walk from dam square and the red light district. absolutely LOVED amsterdam will definitely be going back this summer. Theres loads of cute little boat trips down the canal too which would be great if the weathers good x

deffo agree with everyone else watch out for the the bikes they seem to take charge of the roads saw a few crashes whilst i was there! eek

Yes we have, Amsterdam is very much like the UK with it being so close. You may get hot days and you may not. Not very helpful I know. :rolleyes:

The last time we went was September and I remember not wanting to eat outside in the evening because the weather wasn't up to it and we had blankets over our laps for our nightcap outside the pub on the way home. I would take boots, jeans, nice warm jacket etc to be cosy.

oh that's sounds lovely...

I will look at flights tonight :) as long as i can book flights ill shop around for a nice hotel

Soooo... not long now until we go.

We're definitely doing the Heineken Tour
Maybe the GlowGolf and maybe Randy Roys tour of the RLD.

Any other recommendations of things not to miss in Amsterdam? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Whereabouts are you staying now, Jordaan?

Get some bikes and go around Vondel Park and also take a stroll around the 9 streets area.

Whereabouts are you staying now, Jordaan?

Get some bikes and go around Vondel Park and also take a stroll around the 9 streets area.

I don't think it was Jordaan, it's about a 15 min walk from Daam Square, but I can't remember lol I'll have a look for my confirmation haha xxx

Any other suggestions anyone :) x

Mid august is perfect, me and my partner lived there for 6 months last year (July - December) It was the best experience of my life, only down side was the price of everything! But going on a Holiday is perfect, I personally recommend Meseumplein, we used to go there every single day at the start of our trip, our hostel was close by, we would sit by the big pool across from Rijksmuseum and dip our feet in it to cool off after a day of exploring and getting lost in the beauty of the city. Tram number 5 runs to Meseumplein and if your feeling adventurous you can hop on and hop off without a ticket as it's the only tram with no conductor booth at the door ;-)
Most of all, enjoy your stay! Amsterdam is such a multi-cultural, open minded city with lots and lots of fun things to do!
:D

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Less than a week to go.... we fly next Saturday! Can't wait!

I might even do some Amsterdam themed nails ;) xxx

Eeeeek at the airport in a hotel. Fly tomorrow morning :) woohooo xxx

If you go to a coffee shop, go to Baba's. It's amazing I had the best time in Amsterdam. The sex show was hilarious it's a must see. So funny xxx

If you go to a coffee shop, go to Baba's. It's amazing I had the best time in Amsterdam. The sex show was hilarious it's a must see. So funny xxx

Will defo go to the coffee shop. Not sure I can brave a sex show! Haha I would if there was a group of us, but just me and my fella, I can imagine feeling awkward!!! Haha xxx

Will defo go to the coffee shop. Not sure I can brave a sex show! Haha I would if there was a group of us, but just me and my fella, I can imagine feeling awkward!!! Haha xxx

Honestly it is so funny. Not awkward at all. Go to the Moulin Rouge in Red Light District 6 shows for 30 euros. You will have a laugh I promise xx

Latest posts

Back