Anniversary ideas anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
It's mine and my husband's 13th wedding anniversary on Sunday and we've left it a bit late. I tried booking a descent restaurant in Manchester for Saturday nightbut understandably, given the time of year, they're all fully booked, or we can be squeezed in at rediculous o'clock.

We can't do anything on Sunday as he has to drive back down south to work for the week.

Can anyone suggest anything? I was hoping he was going to surprise me this year by actually arranging something for a change but he doesn't know the meaning of the word "surprise". Even though I've told him many, many times, it ain't sinking in!:eek:

I know he hasn't arranged anything. This man is so transparent. He's leaving it to me to sort something out while he's working away.

Please don't suggest romantic night in with candles, massage oil etc. I've had 2 kids and have been with him for 16 years. I'm 45 and about 3 stone overweight so the last thing on my mind is slipping into something sexy. ;). I'd rather be hoovering.

Oh this made me laugh! A voucher for a solicitor perhaps :lol::lol:

Oh this made me laugh! A voucher for a solicitor perhaps :lol::lol:

But can we go together? It's something we have to be able to do together. I think there might be a conflict of interest if we both go.

I'm only joking of course:lol: I really can't think myself. If you can't go out maybe it will have to be a takeaway and a bottle of bubbly! Not very original, I know xx

I'm only joking of course:lol: I really can't think myself. If you can't go out maybe it will have to be a takeaway and a bottle of bubbly! Not very original, I know xx

No, seeing as we already do that every Saturday night as it is.

Maybe I'll just do nothing and when evening comes around, get dressed up to the nines and have a knowing smile on my face and ask him when the babysitter is arriving. I can pretend I thought all along he was surprising me. That will be entertaining.

Have a vision of you posing like your avatar pic:)

Divorce or abuse of the husbands credit card, take your pick! (it really doesn't have to be together).

Go and see that film 'gravity' together. I loved it.

It was mine & my partners 10 year anniversary. (From when we got together not married yet)
I found a groupon for London hilton right opposite canary wharf for £99 including breakfast & dinner. Then we went for drinks.
I know your nowhere near London but worth looking on groupon for things that are local to do and cheaply :) . Xx

It was mine & my partners 10 year anniversary. (From when we got together not married yet)
I found a groupon for London hilton right opposite canary wharf for £99 including breakfast & dinner. Then we went for drinks.
I know your nowhere near London but worth looking on groupon for things that are local to do and cheaply :) . Xx

Thank you. I don't want to go anywhere near a bed to be honest. But Gravity sounds like a good idea. And then a curry. I'd be happy with that.

Thank you. I don't want to go anywhere near a bed to be honest. But Gravity sounds like a good idea. And then a curry. I'd be happy with that.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah a ha ha hahahahahahhah...that made me chuckle!

Gravity is very good I would definitely recommend it. Not usually a fan of 3D but it is fantastic in this film :)

You are too funny Mobile Manicure! I work in an office with older ladies who all make comments like your "I'd rather be hoovering" one and it makes me giggle, as a 19 year old who has been in a relationship for 3 and a half years and just moving into a flat with my boyfriend it scares me though haha!!
Id definitely say the cinema if you can't get a nice table somewhere booked, or even go for lunch then cinema if you can get a lunch reservation? or something different like I saw a hot air balloon ride on groupon today hahah!! Have fun whatever you decide :) xx

You are too funny Mobile Manicure! I work in an office with older ladies who all make comments like your "I'd rather be hoovering" one and it makes me giggle, as a 19 year old who has been in a relationship for 3 and a half years and just moving into a flat with my boyfriend it scares me though haha!!
Id definitely say the cinema if you can't get a nice table somewhere booked, or even go for lunch then cinema if you can get a lunch reservation? or something different like I saw a hot air balloon ride on groupon today hahah!! Have fun whatever you decide :) xx

Don't worry, you've got a while to go yet. Usually starts happening as soon as you've spit out the first child.

I've decided I'm going to do the dress up and expect the babysitter booked and the surprise thing. This should make him feel guilty enough for a fabulous Christmas present to make up for it.

One year he accidentally booked s weekend away with the boys on my birthday. Got an iPad that year! That's when they'd just come out.

Latest posts

Back