Another geek virgin. Sorry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber tan

Reaction score
Hi all you fab Techs. I have just finished my course with Creative L&P. OH MY GOD HOW SCARY:eek:. Was so nervous could hardly remeber a thing when i got ome. Tho its all coming back to me now thanks to u fab people on this site. One thing i was interested in is what is the most popular tip and colour application do most of u use ie white tips with p&w or natural tips with p&w. One more annoying question, i love the pics of the glitter tips, excuse niaevity but is this done using a glitter acrylic or is it a dust added to powder.

Welcome Amber Tan. x

Can't answer your question, but just wanted to congratulate you on successfully completing your course. :)

I am sure many geeks will soon be to your rescue to answer your questions.

Howdy , can't answer your question either as Im more of a hair geek ,
but welcome to salon geek and congrats on passing your course :hug: x

Hi all you fab Techs. I have just finished my course with Creative L&P. OH MY GOD HOW SCARY:eek:. Was so nervous could hardly remeber a thing when i got ome. Tho its all coming back to me now thanks to u fab people on this site. One thing i was interested in is what is the most popular tip and colour application do most of u use ie white tips with p&w or natural tips with p&w. One more annoying question, i love the pics of the glitter tips, excuse niaevity but is this done using a glitter acrylic or is it a dust added to powder.

Hiya Amber..
congrats on completeing your course and welcome to the geek.. any advice i can give is mostly learnt from this site and the courses i have done.. the best bit of advice i can give you personally is learn how to sculpt!! it will change your world and open many more doors for you as far as creating gorgeos enhancements..

but first things first eh..

I mainly get asked for white tip p&w L&p.. although i am hoping to get my clients to be a little more adventurous.. Myself i like wild colours..

Glitter can be added to powder but you want to make sure its colour fast.. there is a fantastic glitter line called nail graphix.. this comes with instructions on how to mix.. I have glitter that is pre mixed aswell.. its easy to use and enjoyable to!

dont worry about coming across silly or naive we all ask questions.. its how we learn to be the best we can..
:hug:.. I wouldnt have got half as far as i have without this place!

I can't answer the tip question for you since I never use them unless forced at gunpoint; I prefer to sculpt. But re: the glitter question, in a small container I mix glitter into clear acrylic powder at a ratio of 1 part glitter to 3 parts powder. HTH and welcome to the wonderful world of nails!:cool:

Hi and welcome

I use white tips with p&w unless sculting, as you don't have to blend them, just buff the shine off.

you can buy coloured glitter that is ready to use with your liquid or you can buy glitter powder (nail graphix) that you mix with your clear powder all are easy to use.

One thing i was interested in is what is the most popular tip and colour application do most of u use ie white tips with p&w or natural tips with p&w. One more annoying question, i love the pics of the glitter tips, excuse niaevity but is this done using a glitter acrylic or is it a dust added to powder.

Don't make the mistake of going down the white tip route..... Stick to natural tips and use pink & white powders to create your overlay. That gives you so much more flexibility to create the look that the client wants, as not all clients want the bright white french look.

As regards glitter tips, you can add glitter to clear powder or buy specific glitter powders...... Creative's Metro range are pre-mixed colour glitters, EzFlow's Boogie Nights are also pre-mixed. Young Nails do glitter to add to powder and Nail Graphix also need to be mixed.....

hth's

Hi Amber and welcome to your new family :hug:

Won't give advice because you got it already...(plus I don't have advice to give :green: )

anyway have fun...and don't say sorry xxxxxxxx

just wanted to say hi to amber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

Hiya welcome aboard!!!!

I remember the scared as hell feeling well (actually still suffer now!!!). Have to agree with Vetty, avoid the white tip because in all honesty the best pink and white nails are the one when people say are they your own nails?!

When I first did glitter tips, because of the need to cap the glitter with clear powder (not all glitter but some), they were really thick! :eek: It took me practice on my nail trainer to get the coverage with the glitter thin and not bulky looking.

Good luck with it all :hug:

Wow, what a response. Thank u all for your quik replies, already i feel so welcome and a part of this wonderful community.
Watch this space for many more paniky questions.

Latest posts

Back