Any alternatives to using gel pads in Lash Extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I've noticed one or two clients are uneasy with the gel pads when I apply my individual Nouveau lashes.

Are there any alternatives to offer, other than taping the eyes?

I'm fairly new to lash extentioning, but loving and it loving the results.

Thanks

Silcopads or clingfilm.

Francesca

Clingfilm??? how does this work? very intrigued!

Have a look here - I posted about this a while back

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/121778-ee-geeks-anyone-heard-using-cling-film.html

I have since tried this. I found it had pros and cons. It was great as the cling film could be shaped exactly round the eye. However, the disadvantage was that it didn't create any sort of barrier between my pointy tweezers and the client's skin - Ouch! So it can't be used on it's own.

I solved all my probs in this area by doing the following...
Use pads from Eyelash Emporium, They are sticky and not too gloopy with an excess of gel.
Tape them down at the bottom with a couple of short bits of tape onto the cheek. This stops them riding up into the eye.
Apply tape as required at the top of the pad to capture any stray lashes. This means that when removing tape it doesn't pull on the skin as most of it is on the pad.
I developed this strategy from a collection of advice on this site...ladies were all great at coming up with suggestions and I put several of them together.

Linda

I've watched the clingfilm film and I have a question. How exactly is she isolating? She doesn't seem to hold the tweezerss open to do it but appears to have them closed all the time!!
Any ideas?

Linda
x

Hi LInda, You're right! I hadn't noticed that so have just watched it again. She seems to be working from the outside of the eye inwards and is only pushing the lashes to the side with her closed tweezers. I don't think I could work like that as lots of my clients have very dense lashes.

I do wonder what glue she's using tho as she's so quick.

Latest posts

Back