Any ideas about styling problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachaelg

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted this in the media section, but thought I'd post a quick note here as I've had no responses, feel very lonely!

I'd really like to hear about any common styling problems you have so that I can ask industry experts for their solutions. It's for Fringe magazine, a trade hair mag that covers Northern Ireland and Scotland, but you don't have to be from these two countries - I just want to get an idea of the things that frustrate you when styling hair - whether it's to do with products, equipment, clashes with clients over what they want put in their hair to what you know will be right for their hair, etc. I want to hear it all!

Thanks so much as ever,

Rachael

Fringe magazine

clients with dodgy growth patterns who insist they want a kind of fringe u know just wont sit. . it so hard trying to say "GAWDAMMIT IT NOT GONNA WORK, BEHAVE URSELF LISTEN TO SENSE WOMAN" In a nice and tactful manner haha x

Ooo, that's a good one, thanks!
And thanks for making me look less sad, was beginning to think no-one wanted to talk to me! :cry:
Rx

Clients that insist that their hair is straight when its really wavy ! just frizzy from overbrushing , but wont use straightening or smoothing products because they already have `straight hair

clients who are in condition denial. . they come in and demand u lighten their bleached hair further using more bleach. . i once had to turn a woman away because she said she wanted bleach only and her ends were already snapping mid way, i said no way not unless she signed a disclosure accepting responsibility after proceeding with my advise, so she left. . i would rather that than have had to watch her hair turn to slime haha x

Blimey, don't people realise what they're doing to their hair after a while? Or that they should listen to their hairdresser?!

Thanks for these. More questions, sorry, but are there any problems you ever have along the lines of using some styling products with certain hair types, or perhaps electrical equipment such as tongs?

Thanks so much,

Rachael xx

i had this client with the ropiest hairwho wouldnt have it cut but wanted it tonged so i brought a tub of shine wax over to help seal the ends and as i was tonging it she was litererly putting loads of the stuff on and pulling the curls constantly - i did tell her it would make the curl drop-and it did - but she was still surprised and not very happy ( it did still look good though ,so not a dead loss)

Clients who won't listen to professional recommendations about after care. They head to the local "boots" over here it's a grocery or discount store like WalMart and purchase their at home care product even after being told that it will adversly affect chemical treatments and services. I don't know how many times I've had to demonstrate the amount of wax residue left behind from Pantene prior to perming and explaining that a perm CANNOT curl through wax!

Thanks all of you, much appreciated!
Xx

Latest posts

Back