Any Ideas for Funky (?!) Nails Please!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
Hello geeks, I have recently qualified and am trying to build up business. Next week my fella and I have a army bbq to go to and I will meet lots of the other army wives (and their husbands) for the first time. I want to do some really eyecatching nails for the occasion that will really grab attention and hopefully get me a few new bookings! So can anyone help me think of some really great nails I can do? Don't know whether it would be best to have just nice and simple P&W or something funky with some nail art??? Help Please!!

Jess xxxx

How about some red tip glitter stilletos - or any glitter tips maybe to match your outfit OR Army green

something classic and classy a beautiful french with a little twist maybe a colour to match what your wearing or just a simple design on one finger

personally i would have something a little different..mabey subtle colour glitter tips,
i think possibly lots of other people could have p+w so you want to stand out

check out the Nailart section in the Geek Gallery, there's loads there to inspire you.

Thanks guys. I often look in the geek gallery for ideas, I am just so indecisive, I think i'll go with a simple idea, but then get carried away and it ends up nothing like what I originally started out to do!

How about some red tip glitter stilletos - or any glitter tips maybe to match your outfit OR Army green

I like the army green idea maybe. I could do some camoflauge (sp) tips! I think my husband might think it was a bit naff thou, but i think it could look kind of funky!

one thing i did once took crystal tips and painted camo on the bottom so it was perfect on both hands up to the well line capped it in gel so it wouldnt come off with wear then did a bit of glitter on the top for accents i got many complaments on them and its just a different french style good luck:green:

why don't you try some water marbling in green/khaki colours, could be very effective on a black background!

You cant beat a subtle glitter, especially if you choose an almond or stiletto shape nail. Go for something pretty & delicate, not bright. Something that will twinkle in the moonlight and catch the other women's eyes.
I had thought of camo too but with that they'll either love it or loathe it but, all the girlies like a bit of bling!

why don't you try some water marbling in green/khaki colours, could be very effective on a black background!

I haven't tried water marbling as yet, but might give it a go and see how it looks. I have just been looking over the nail art gallery again, gosh there are some talented geeks on this site! There really are some stunning designs on there!

yep gotta be almond glitter tips nice and long !

amb xxx

I have to agree with the rest of the gang.
Glitter tips is the way to go.

You definately want something that makes people stop and grab your hand to take a closer look, but you dont want something that will turn off the more conservative.
A classic french might get overlooked as everyone has them.......
Glitter french, or glitter stilletoes etc is definately a nice in between place to be and they'll get you plenty of attention.
AND/OR
You can add one or two 3D flowers to say each ring finger to give that extra pizazz without going over the top while still showcasing diverse skills.

good luck and keep us posted
:hug:

Just picked up this link from another thread - might be worth taking a look at!

They are truly wonderful!

www.crystalnails.pl

love the leopard print - a very classy version!

Good luck!

Just picked up this link from another thread - might be worth taking a look at!

They are truly wonderful!

www.crystalnails.pl

love the leopard print - a very classy version!

Good luck!

Thanks for the link. There are some lovely nails in the gallery. Very inspiring. I have done mine now. P&W with a line of red glitter at the smile and handpainted red and yellow flowers on each nail. I think I like them, lol, knowing me I will probabily change them before the bbq. Not sure reed glitter suits my skin tone so might just change that bit. Thanks for all the replies xxx:hug:

From my point of view, I would probably notice camo patterns in the wrong color like:pink, red and white. Or try an insignia like a white Air Force star on royal blue, Chinese yellow star on red.

the red tip glitter stiletos are lovely.
wish i could do them

i would definitley go a camoflauge french..if you can do it well this would go down a treat..even the hubbies would be impressed..otherwise stick to what you do best..often something simple yet perfect can turn heads equally well, and dont forget you cards!

i would definitley go a camoflauge french..if you can do it well this would go down a treat..even the hubbies would be impressed..otherwise stick to what you do best..often something simple yet perfect can turn heads equally well, and dont forget you cards!

Yes I am still thinking about the camo idea, it does sound good. I think I will try it on my nail trainer later to see if I can get it right first. I do like a challenge! And yes I have the cards sorted I told my husband I was taking them and he sort of went 'oh right are you' in that tone of voice like do you have to!! Think he sees me as a one woman promotion unit with my nails at the mo!! lol He dosen't mind really though!:)

Latest posts

Back