Any inventive ways of using up Transparent Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
I bought some of the Transparent Minx when they first came out by accident not realising that they were see through. I didnt get round to using them then went and bought some more newer transparent designs and did my own 2 ring fingers over shellac, they peeled off that evening! Am i doing something wrong, should i be buffing the shellac top coat before applying the transparent minx?

So now i have about 6 sheets of transparent minx and i dont know what to do with them. Do they look good on their own? What do you do with yours?

Also i need to know how much to charge. I once had a annoying regular client in who spotted my new transparent minx. She is annoying because she is one of these clients who wants a bit of everything for nothing! She asked about the minx so i explained that it is designed to go over shellac ect and that they are new in and i havent worked out my costings yet. She was mortified that it was going to cost alot more than regular shellac toes. But to be fair i did wind her up a bit and told her it would require a double appointment. lol

So my question is what do you do with yours and how much extra do you charge?

Hi Hun,

I find my ladies love having feature nails when having Shellac and the range of transparent minx in brill for doing that. We charge £3 per nail and we seal them with a base coat and then a top coat, both Shellac. You must leave a little gap so the Shallac can "grip" the nail for example and make sure you seal the edges. You can do this over the top of enhancements too and the results last until they come back for their maintenance appointment.

Hope this helps xx

I use them over normal nail polish on toes and they stay on for ever. If you are using say the pink transparent ones with the little silver hearts down the side, I would paint the nails in the same colour as the transparent minx so it gives an opaque colour. They are lovely. You can use the lace design over a contrasting colour. I used lime green underneath the black naja lace design..really striking:Grope:

I use them over normal nail polish on toes and they stay on for ever. If you are using say the pink transparent ones with the little silver hearts down the side, I would paint the nails in the same colour as the transparent minx so it gives an opaque colour. They are lovely. You can use the lace design over a contrasting colour. I used lime green underneath the black naja lace design..really striking:Grope:
Thankyou but using normal polish wouldnt be worth my time in the salon has you would need the polish to be completely dry before appling the Minx. I could use them this way for myself though, just not on clients.

I apply shellac top coat over the minx, it seems to work well x

Hi Hun,

I find my ladies love having feature nails when having Shellac and the range of transparent minx in brill for doing that. We charge £3 per nail and we seal them with a base coat and then a top coat, both Shellac. You must leave a little gap so the Shallac can "grip" the nail for example and make sure you seal the edges. You can do this over the top of enhancements too and the results last until they come back for their maintenance appointment.

Hope this helps xx
Do you mean a little gap of bare nail plate around the sidewalls so the shellac base/topcoat can seal to the nail plate over the minx?

When applying the minx leave a gap, so the top coat can bond on the edges x

Would this mean that you would be leaving a gap of uncovered colour shellac then? I cant see this looking very attractive tbh or am i being dim and not seeing the full picture lol

Could you use over glitter or shell?? X

It's only a small margin, if you don't want to do this, leave a small gap with the shellac application.
It's literally millimetres, and not noticeable, xx

Oh and it's not being dim it's very precise! :)

Could you use over glitter or shell?? X
I've never tried, I suppose you could, but you would probably have to put 2 x top coat on before the minx to make sure it's extra smooth x

So you apply the Minx in a different way to nornal? Not pulling it over the free edge and filing off, but pre cutting it to the exact size you need, so the free edge can have a tiny margin of Shellac exposed?

I think I'm being dim now! ;)

You would do the free edge as normal, as you would file away the minx from this area, and swipe with the shellac to seal x

So you apply the Minx in a different way to nornal? Not pulling it over the free edge and filing off, but pre cutting it to the exact size you need, so the free edge can have a tiny margin of Shellac exposed?

I think I'm being dim now! ;)
No you would still do the minx edge the same way as normal because after filing the free edge, you expose the free edge of the nail plate anyway. So you would just seal the edge with Shellac base/top coat to finish.

No you would still do the minx edge the same way as normal because after filing the free edge, you expose the free edge of the nail plate anyway. So you would just seal the edge with Shellac base/top coat to finish.
Snap! :)

Doh! :lol:

Thanks girls. :)

Sweet squared have released ultra fine metallic minx for use with transparent minx seen them online last night :) hope this helps x

Sweet squared have released ultra fine metallic minx for use with transparent minx seen them online last night :) hope this helps x

Yes you can layer minx over the base coat illusion

Perhaps a bit off track, as not shellac, but dashing diva prints go straight on the natural nail, then gel base and top. Mine held up very well. I did NOT have good luck over polish, and we did let it dry.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Do you mean a little gap of bare nail plate around the sidewalls so the shellac base/topcoat can seal to the nail plate over the minx?

Yes but only about the width of a credit card xx

Latest posts

Back