Any Product recommendations??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penn_e

Reaction score
Hi!

As a newly qualified nail tech I am now at the stage where i need to buy some stuff!

I am based in Birmingham and have two distributors to choose from being Ellisons and Sally's. They both offer a range of makes and frankly im lost as to what to choose!!

I thought some of you could offer some advice as you have probably had experience with them before.

Some of the makes they have available that i have heard of before are:

Creative
Star

But maybe you have another make that you love using that u could recommend??

I would really appreciate your help... Thanks!!

I love OPI nail varnishes epecially the collections that have the pro wide brushes. The application is so much nicer than usual width brushes, but that is just my opinion.

What brand of products were you trained with, this is really the brand you should be using as you know how to produce nails with this product,
when we switch to another product we all usually do a conversion course so that we are working smart and safe and know how the product works,
all different brands are slightly different to each other and work differently this is why we do conversions hth

oh right, we were not told this where we trained. They provided their own products but didn't tell us which make they were. They just said when we buy our own to expect that they may be a bit different to use so we would need to get used to the difference.

I love OPI nail varnishes epecially the collections that have the pro wide brushes. The application is so much nicer than usual width brushes, but that is just my opinion.

Isn't it funny i hate those brushes i know others on here are fine with them but i cant get used to them its not so much the width but they are also quite hard.love the polish though.

You will not be able to buy the actual nail enhancement range from creative at ellisons unless qualified with creative but you can buy polish and prep bits etc.
Star nails .. ok but ooh not sure what to say really i used their fibreglass and gel for a while and didnt get on too well with it but then i had only just started out and had a lot to learn.Varnish ok but doesnt last too long before going thick.I guess star is a reasonable starting point but i would advise not spending lots of money on it.
Best to find a brand that cannot be bought by anyone and do a conversion course you will then often get the benefit of on going training.

I think you would benefit from a conversion course. Learn to use the products with actual trainers from the company its really the best way. I am looking into a creative conversion at the mo as i have heard so many great things about their products but only want to use them when i know how to. hth

Stevie

Thank you all for your suggestions. We were not told about product conversion courses where i trained, which is annoying. So could anyone tell me where i would sort out these courses & how much they cost?

Thank you all for your suggestions. We were not told about product conversion courses where i trained, which is annoying. So could anyone tell me where i would sort out these courses & how much they cost?

If you want to convert to Creative you will need to ring the distributors Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060 as I believe there are rules around how long you have been qualified for before you can do the conversion.

Other good product ranges to look into are EzFlow, Young Nails, NSI...... I don't know their contact details (being a Creative gal) but a search should being them up for you.

hth's

oh right, we were not told this where we trained. They provided their own products but didn't tell us which make they were. They just said when we buy our own to expect that they may be a bit different to use so we would need to get used to the difference.

Hi ya Penn,
Did you get a certificate at the end of your training?
Because I'm pretty sure you have to show a copy of your certificate to enrol on a conversion course.

I would highly recommend creative and there are to academies near you if you wish to the conversion course - birmingham and ludlow (shropshire)

Latest posts

Back