Any Spanish Geeks near Santa Pola Costa Blanca?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect10kb

Reaction score
Hi ,

Long Post please bear with me

This may be the strangest request yet on this site but here goes.

I was on holiday in the Middle of Oct visiting my sister who lives in La Marina .
When out one day driving through Santa Pola we saw a small dog lying in the middle of the road sleeping !!!

As my husband knows me well we stopped to make sure the dog went off the road then headed into Alicante . 5 hours later on our way back we went through Santa Pola and we saw the dog again

To try and make this story short my husband ( Gary ) and I spent 5 whole days of our holiday trying to catch this little dog but he was very nervous and we failed .We managed to get him to take food from our hands twice but he still managed to get away. He is too fast and we are too slow-LOL

We had it all set up for a couple in La Marina to 'foster' him untill a new home could be found for him .

I have been in contact with Animal Aid in Rohales (and someone from there did come out and help us on the last day ) and they are going out next weekend to see if they can catch him. They have so much to do that is the earliest they can go out

I REALLY am having sleepless night thinking about the poor thing ( we have nicknamed him Chico!!!!)

Soooooooooo is there anyone thats lives near there that could go to Santa Pola and see if he is still around.I am looking for a nutty dog lover like me here !!!

If there is please PM me and I can let you know exactly where he would be as he kept to the same 3 streets and a certain part of the beach

Keeping my fingers crossed

Karen x

My close friend helps out at that animal rescue in Rojales so I'll email her now.

Do you have a pic? xxx

Hi Kim ,

If it is Linda you are talking about we spoke to her today and she already has a pic . I took one but it was not a very good one

If it is not her then just let me know

They are trying their hardest to help but I really wanted to know the little fellow was still around :cry:

I doubt it's her as she doesn't work there. She helps the dog rescue places out and fosters dogs.

I bet he lives in the area and is very street wise. Try not to worry too much but if you can let me have the pic, I'll send it to my friend and she'll go and look for him. xxx

Hi Kim ,

Have PM you as can't upload pic here

Don't know about street wise !!!! . He wanders all over the road and several times I had to jump out into road to get cars to slow down so they would not run him over !!!

Karen x

Karen, I'm so sorry that you saw this pooch, and on the other hand I want to tell you that it's a normal thing to see over here, so sorry to say it, but it's true. We rescued a puppy (he found us) just over a year ago, he's the most gorgeous thing you ever saw.... however, if you saw it every day like we do then you'd know that there's not much you can do about it... I'm sure that the charities rely on holidaying peeps to keep them afloat, I know that locally people don't seem to care a less!... that doesn't make it right, it just makes it a way of life :eek:

If only my hubby would divorce me, I'd have a stray dog farm :D lol

Last edited:
Hi Sandy ,

Yes I know that this sort of thing is very normal in Spain unfortunately as I go over quite a lot. I def know that if we moved to spain that this dog stuff would take over our life as Gary is just as concerned as I am

As for the 'not much you can do about it ' I look at it as every little helps :)

You have saved one little puppy and if I can save this one then I will be happy ( well a little bit -lol)

xxx

PS what r u doing on the computer at 1.51 ???

Latest posts

Back