Anyone been to the Canary Islands or Egypt this time of year!????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandz

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Me and my boyfriend are looking at going away in the next couple of weeks to the canary islands or egypt and just wandering whether anyone can recommend a resort / hotel etc.

I can't wait, look forward to your suggestions!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

No advice on where to go, but I would avoid Fuerteventura like the plague!!!!!

You'll find this will be the one that's on offer in all the travel agents n websites.

Me and my boyfriend went in October, we picked there probably because of the same reasons as you, looking for a bit of winter sun!

Well we got the sun! That was it though! I keep saying that we should have bought T-shirts that said " I went to Fuerteventura, and it was SHUT" The place was derelict, empty, 75% of bars and shops were shut.

Everywhere was English owned, I had brushed up on my Spanish, & never spoke to a single Spaniard, oh no, I lie, there was the Spanish Policemen........... Did I forget the bit where I was mugged on my second night n spent the rest of the holiday with a black eye!

I believe, Lanzarote and Tenerife are lovely though!

Avoid egypt like the plague too babe!!

We went EXACTLY this time last year and were frozen to death every night and almost blown away - forget exfoliation, your face gets sandblasted come 5pm :eek:

We got back on 2nd Feb and hated every minute of it!

We went to Hurghada. There were a couple of nice days though, warm!

Hey hun, My dad & his partner are off to egypt on the 21st of feb i'll find out where they are staying, it must be good otherwise he wouldnt stay there!! i'll let you know xxx

hurgarda (sp) and sharm el shiek (dont go anything less than a 5*) are really nice - i absolutely hated/detested/dispised gran canaria but then i did go on a club 18-30 to playa del ingles and it was full off cockroaches (ugh) and i guess the dirty apartment and the rancid manky pool didnt help lol !
that said i hear there are some nice parts but i wont be going back any time soon

We are off to Tenerife on the 9th March hoping for some winter sun and a much needed relaxing holiday. Staying at Bahia Principe Hotel in Playa Paraiso, Tenerife. Reviews look great, only down side to most of the reviews is that it is a little isolated ... which is what we want with a 3 year old. Beach and pool, some sunshine and relaxation :)

Can't wait to recharge my batteries :)

I went to Tenerife in feb a couple of years ago and it was freezing! Well not literally, but I was expecting a tan....didn't get one and had to wear a little jumper most of the time as it wasn't bikini weather!

Egypt will be warmer I reckon.

This time of the year though, if I wanted proper sun therapy I'd head to the Maldives :green: If you waited a little longer til end of March/early April prices will be reasonable coz it's just dropping out of season.

Hope you find a good deal!

Hey hun, i spoke to my dad, they are travelling on the nile for a week then staying in luxor in a 5* for a week he couldnt remember the hotel name! xx

Check out the weather in each place too on Yahoo Weather - it will give youa 10 day weather forecast etc etc

just come back from tenerife weather was great.... not alot to say about the place !

i've been to Egypt (sharm) every year for the last 4 years, love it!
Always stayed in 5 star resorts - seems a bit silly to go for 3 or 4 stars because it's so cheap! It's always been lovely weather in feb and march but a bit cold in the evening so take a cardi!
Going again at the end of March with the girls!
My fav resort has been Sharks Bay hilton so far.
Best website i found was ibookholidays.com -- Welcome
xxxx

Latest posts

Back