Anyone converted their garage to a home salon? pics wanted :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliceellen1974

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Still thinking of working from home rather than mobile now.

Have any of you converted your garage into a home salon ????

I would love to see some pics of how good it would look so I can be inspired.

Also any hints or tips of how to go about this i.e what to do what not to do would be fab....

thanks in advance

Jane xxx:hug:

My garage is still my garage if you know what I mean but the things you need to think about:- Is your garage totally separate from your house or attached? If attached where is the entrance to your garage - in the house or from outside? What will you do with the large garage door - block it up or convert to window?

I think the main thing to consider is contacting your local council to find out if there are any restrictions as to what you can do as this can vary in different areas.

Hi
thanks for your reply!
There is already a large window in there as the previous owners converted it to a bedroom for an elderly relative (without building regs so we converted back to garage).

I would only want to use part of it as its a double garage and we need some for storage etc. Its attached to the house but quite convenient as you walk through the front door and then the door to the garage is on the right and then the cloakroom door is right in front of you. So although you would need to let people into the house they would go virtually straight into the home salon.

lots to think about , thanks again

A friend has done this in her place - looks fantastic. If you keep the original garage door you can just put a false (insulated) wall behind it without planning permission apparently, however talking to the council planning dept is your first point of call.

Mat

i did some years ago we have moved now. You will need planning permission for change of use. Make sure it is well insulted. e had a fun time and was so convient. People loved the hasssle of no parking and was very relaxed. Did nt disturd the rest of the house as they came through sperate door and we had refreshments facilitys in the room . Email me if you would like any info

Me and my sister live in the same house and im a Nail technician and she is a Spray Tan technician.We was going to convert the garage into a beauty salon and we still might but it takes allot of work and allot of money and time to do (i hope we still can) As the walls need boarding (mdf boarding which i dont know where to get that from lol) and then our back door is in the garage which leads to the garden that needs replacing to a secure door with no drafts, and then paint etc. I know what to do with it, just dont know where to find the stuff thats needed to do the garage.

And not sure what to do about the garage doors? leave them?xx

I am thinking about converting my garage into a salon so would be interested on how you got on Jane and would welcome any other comments and pictures as well

have you ever thought about getting a summer house instead ????

have you ever thought about getting a summer house instead ????

No I havent thought about a summer house, dont think my garden would big enough.
Wouldnt it be quite cold in the winter time, especially as I am up in the North of Scotland?

no mine has heating and electricity sometimes to hot and i live in the north west

my clients think its fab and quite unique

no mine has heating and electricity sometimes to hot and i live in the north west

my clients think its fab and quite unique

Thanks, do you have a sink/running water in it as well?

I have just got a summer house last Friday, had the electric fitted today and we are having a sink put in sometime in the next couple of weeks. Just having cold water in but if I need hot water I will use the kettle! It looks fab and I cant wait to get in it.

Hi Im new to this site.
I have a summer house I use if my freinds come over for a pampering nite and some wine. but my husband has been at me to convert the garage but its abig step and takes a bit of money.

But summer house is great as very private. :hug:

ohhh what an idea ...i would love one of these summerhouses....saves people coming into my home i'm having to stop for a while as it was a bit much...so looking at option of summerhouse my garden is nice size to fit one.

I spoke to a business advisor today and he didnt think it was a good idea to have clients coming into a bedroom for treatments.
Thought the idea of the garage conversion could pose loads of problems with planning, mortgage company, neighbours, even the value of my house could be affected so he suggested mobile would be the best way to go but I am not too keen on that so maybe a summer house might be the best option.

Does anyone do facials and waxing in there summer house or do you just use it for nails?
Would love to see some piccies if anyone has some.

Any tips or advice will be gratefully received.

Thank you

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back