Anyone have signwriting on their car ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
I am going mobile in about 8 weeks and looking into having signrighting on my car. my car is a baby pink and black smart forfour, would love to see any photo's of what any of you guys have done to your cars.

Hi hun , i have had my writing on my car now for about a year and the only calls i have had are stupid men driving behind me.
I really did think this would work as i am always driving everywhere!!
xxx

I am going mobile in about 8 weeks and looking into having signrighting on my car. my car is a baby pink and black smart forfour, would love to see any photo's of what any of you guys have done to your cars.

Personally I think it looks tacky and a bit desperate. There are better ways to advertise than that.

Helo there

I have my salon advertised in the back of my car in bright pink, and IMA it does,nt look tacky at all, and I have had loads of respectable calls from it.

so get yourself it done i got my off ebay cost a tenner plus P&P and it really does work, well its worked for me anyway. and i,m driving around all the time too.

There is many other ways to advertise yes there is, but noone is going to know where you are if your in another town are they lol. I have clients coming to me and they travel around 20 miles away so thats how far my advert on my car has done.

maybe other peaple just live in small towns lol

Personally I reckon it looks cheap and tacky so I wouldn't bother, there's much better ways of advertising. Whenever I see them attached to Hair or Beauty it makes me think of the word 'desperate' for some reason.

So what your sayin fizz ( tweenys ) lol

Anybody that advertises in there car a desparate that includes people outside of hair and beauty as well eg, florists, mobile libray,s, tumble tots, the list just goes on, so hmmm there all desparate too i dont think so some how.

Maybe you live in a small town where i live in a really big town so need to get word around that i am there, you do all you can do in the beauty busines love clients dont come to ya while your sittin doing nothing.

I would,nt say i was desparate at all like my last thread i have clients travelling up to 20 miles to come to me now thats what advertisin in my car has done darlin,

I have my web add on the back of my car ,why pay £40 a month for a Yellow pages add, when you can pay about a tenner for some lettering ,stick it on yourself, and away you go , where ever I go my advertising goes with me.:):)

This is my little car! - luckily my partner does signwrighting so it didn't cost a penny. :smack:

Helo there

I have my salon advertised in the back of my car in bright pink, and IMA it does,nt look tacky at all, and I have had loads of respectable calls from it.

so get yourself it done i got my off ebay cost a tenner plus P&P and it really does work, well its worked for me anyway. and i,m driving around all the time too.

There is many other ways to advertise yes there is, but noone is going to know where you are if your in another town are they lol. I have clients coming to me and they travel around 20 miles away so thats how far my advert on my car has done.

maybe other peaple just live in small towns lol

Can i just say...well said hun. Mine is bright pink too and doesnt look one bit tacky! How rude!
I think we need to advertise everyway possible and if people think its tacky then oh well ha ha xxx

It doesn't look cheap if it's done well...

I get loads of business from my car - and lots of little girls waving at me.

I love pulling up to lights and seeing peoples faces light up and smile when they read my car x

www.vistaprint.co.uk
do a magnetic sign for attaching to your car.
I thought that this was a good idea, as I wouldn't want an advert on my car if I was going to a wedding, funeral, on holiday etc.
Just a suggestion.....................:hug:

This is my little car! - luckily my partner does signwrighting so it didn't cost a penny. :smack:

I think your car looks great....from someone who has a strong marketing background, I would say this is really well done and a credit to your business (and to your partner as a signwriter). It looks professional and smart!

Yes, cheap, badly done adverts can look tacky, but well done ones are a good strong way of advertising a community-based business in its home locality.

I've had plenty of business from my vehicle advertising...that has paid for itself time and time again, as has my husband from his. We are currently two of the fastest growing businesses in our area, with excellent reputations for customer service and quality.

WOW .... OMG i love it, and you'v got a smartie :wink2: haha just looked on your website and will defo be having some work done with you that looks great and your local.

I have window decals in my side windows I don't get calls from guys behind me that way. But when I am parked in car parks or outside someones house people are walking by all the time. they also have more time to get the number down than people in cars, go mine free from vista print :). it's free advertising at the end of the day ( - cost of the sign which you pay once) and we all need to get our names out there it's a great way to do it IMO

thanks guys... yeah i think we need to get our names out there as much as we can. i dont think it looks cheap at all you would'nt get in a taxi if it didnt have the companys name all over it would you!

I have window decals in my side windows I don't get calls from guys behind me that way. But when I am parked in car parks or outside someones house people are walking by all the time. they also have more time to get the number down than people in cars, go mine free from vista print :). it's free advertising at the end of the day ( - cost of the sign which you pay once) and we all need to get our names out there it's a great way to do it IMO

What are window decals,, sorry if its a daft question, just i have never heard of them.
Thanks

Window stickers hun, with your company logo, web address phone numbers etc on ..x

thanks guys... yeah i think we need to get our names out there as much as we can. i dont think it looks cheap at all you would'nt get in a taxi if it didnt have the companys name all over it would you!

Very good point!!!

Personally, i do not have them on my car but that isn't because I think they are tacky.

I love the image thats been uploaded by bimbo design...your car looks fab!!

I think when signwriting on cars is done well it can be great for advertising.

Ours is the family car, so i have a magnetic sign on the back from vista print and only take it off on hols, also i don't think it looks tacky ..xx

My other half does signwriting and its without doubt one of the best ways of getting your name out there, you would be amazed the amount of business you can get from it. I agree, if its done right it looks fab, the picture on this one looks really good and cute, which reminds me I must pin him down to get mine done (oo er, lol) xx

Latest posts

Back