Anyone know any good kick start diets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
I usually do weightwatchers and have lost 1.4lbs on it. HOWEVER went by the waist side come christmas and ive gained 4lbs :eek:
Im planning on going back on WW after the new year, but wanted to do a kick start diet for aprox 4-7 days to detox and kick start my sluggish body.

Anyone have any they have tried? Thanks in advance xxx

Slimfast xxxx

The BEST kickstart diet I've ever tried (and I've tried them all) is the 5-Day Miracle Diet by Adele Puhn. You truly do kick the cravings in just 5 days. I am planning on doing it myself, after New Year's Eve! I have lost as much as 8 lbs. in 5 days. :)

I tried every diet under the sun after my mum told me i looked bigger than most of my friends at 17.. Never really found anything that worked, started going to the gym and that's where I met my personal trainer boyfriend! From then on, I gave up the fad diets and did it properly. Exercise and balanced diet. I lost 3 and a half stone and would never let myself go back now. I did (and still do!) cardio (interval sprint running mainly) 4 days a week, 200 sit ups every morning as well as weights and then eat 2 x boiled eggs for breakfast, turkey and boiled rice for lunch and chicken and salad for dinner. No snacks! And only drink water! It's hard to stay disciplined, but I always keep a picture of me in my bigger days and then a celeb with an amazing body who I aspire to have a body like, close by, so if I ever feel like giving up-I look at them!!
Not easy, but only thing that has really worked for me that keeps the weight off too!
Good luck Hun xx

Why don't you give slimming world a go. It's all changed to how it was a few years ago. I follow the extra easy plan & struggle to eat enough & I'm loosing a steady 2-3 lbs a week!! It's a bit cheaper then ww too!!!

cutting out carbs works for me(well except for porridge in the morning). everyone says 'well you need carbs for energy' but don't forget fat is stored energy...... just be sensbile with it

I've heard great things about Slimming World, although the combination of diet and exercise together is the best IMO.

I tried every diet under the sun after my mum told me i looked bigger than most of my friends at 17.. Never really found anything that worked, started going to the gym and that's where I met my personal trainer boyfriend! From then on, I gave up the fad diets and did it properly. Exercise and balanced diet. I lost 3 and a half stone and would never let myself go back now. I did (and still do!) cardio (interval sprint running mainly) 4 days a week, 200 sit ups every morning as well as weights and then eat 2 x boiled eggs for breakfast, turkey and boiled rice for lunch and chicken and salad for dinner. No snacks! And only drink water! It's hard to stay disciplined, but I always keep a picture of me in my bigger days and then a celeb with an amazing body who I aspire to have a body like, close by, so if I ever feel like giving up-I look at them!!
Not easy, but only thing that has really worked for me that keeps the weight off too!
Good luck Hun xx

You had me until you broke down your meals! Lol

Seriously though I agree with the above. Get in control of the food. Whole foods. Good healthy sources of protein. Avoid refined or added sugar. Know your calorie intake. Weight lifting, burst training, get moving! <<< my new years resolution. Maybe I'll find myself a hot trainer bf? ;)

Cut out carbs, and do lots of cardio x

You had me until you broke down your meals! Lol

Seriously though I agree with the above. Get in control of the food. Whole foods. Good healthy sources of protein. Avoid refined or added sugar. Know your calorie intake. Weight lifting, burst training, get moving! <<< my new years resolution. Maybe I'll find myself a hot trainer bf? ;)

Ha ha, this made me giggle!! .. Yes the meals are bland but it works and I'm someone who needs to see results quickly or il just give up! X

Stick to juice's, and not just fruit, juice carrots and peas, mushrooms and grilled chicken is nice when warmed. Like a cup a soup but better for u. Just juice is all I do when on a diet, and water, plenty of water. Feel hungry have a pint and wait 20 mins, if ur still hungry then I really are, the body sees thirst as hunger a lot xoxo

Stick to juice's, and not just fruit, juice carrots and peas, mushrooms and grilled chicken is nice when warmed. Like a cup a soup but better for u. Just juice is all I do when on a diet, and water, plenty of water. Feel hungry have a pint and wait 20 mins, if ur still hungry then I really are, the body sees thirst as hunger a lot xoxo

There is a movie I saw - fat, sick and nearly dead. Interesting watch if you go the juice route. The guy from the film joe cross also has a website reboot your life. I struggled with the juice fast as I did not time it well. First three days were hell. Did help detox me from sugar though!

I think the best thing you can do is cut down or cut out (if you can) all the bad foods (choco /sweets /fatty foods) and eat a balanced diet.
Cutting out carbs or just eating protein or doing fad diets are bad for you in the long run. I know you want it to kick start your diet, but if you start as you mean to go on then a balanced diet and regular exercise (short bursts if thats what you prefer) really is the best way to go.
I do Rosemary Conley which is exactly as I have said above-low fat foods (less than 5g of fat per 100g) and regular exercise and I have lost 2st7lbs so far-so it really does work.
x

I know what miss pink is saying is true, as a child I was HUGE and lost it by not eating crap, no pop or chocolate and walking from school. It did take 3 years tho. And now at 22 I'm the same rough weight and waist size I was at 11. But to keep it down and as a boost I do the juice every 6 months for 2 weeks and yes it's bloody hard like a different poster said. Best tip to get ur head into it is to eat the foods u will juice as a solid for a week before. But still loads of will power is needed. Xoxo

I believe the only diet is a good one. Balanced and complimented with a good fitness routine. And it should be like this for like to never regain weight. Fads, pills, juices just work short term if at all x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Water is the best kick start to any diet ,
We dont even realize the need for it especially in the winter ,
But so much of our body is made up from water !
Even your liver enzyme production (fat digesting ) will be boosted by good amounts of hydration this will also take the strain off your kidneys , enabiling them to get on with letting other wastes out ,
Even brain power & energy levles are heightened when hydrated!
It's free (ish)
Try it for 2 weeks see how you feel x

I usually do weightwatchers and have lost 1.4lbs on it. HOWEVER went by the waist side come christmas and ive gained 4lbs :eek:
Im planning on going back on WW after the new year, but wanted to do a kick start diet for aprox 4-7 days to detox and kick start my sluggish body.

Anyone have any they have tried? Thanks in advance xxx

Before you sign up with WW, take a look at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

It is free, and has wonderful tools and food databases so keeping track of your daily calories is really easy. Also, I've never seen a more active and helpful group.. ask a question in the forum, and expect answer in seconds or minutes, not hours or days.

Dwight

Good luck Hun xx

Totally agree. Excersize and a balanced diet all the way x

Some fantastic replys ...........spoilt for choice :Grope:

Latest posts

Back