Anyone know where I can get a Cheap laptop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess E

Reaction score
Im after a laptop for my boyfried for xmas but am not flushed with cash atm. Want a half decent one, mainly for internet use and storing images/music etc. Any ideas anyone??? All the ones i can find are approaching £400... too much for me.

You won't find much new under that, and even 2nd-hand, the software licenses alone will cost you near on that.

To be honest, if you are after something 'half-decent' as you put it, you'll need to spend more....the £400 ones come with the basics, but not much in the way of memory etc and won't cope with much.

oh dear... back to the drawing board then i guess!

Thanks anyway :rolleyes:

Hello

Acer at laptops direct are good bargains. Me and my sister both have had good deals from them. And next day delivery!

Thanks, will have a butchers now!

I know eveyone says to beware of ebay but a few of my friends have purchased laptops from there and they have not had a problem. Just make sure you check out the sellers feedback and postage costs first, and if the postage is not listed email them for a quote so you have it in writing and they can't change it later on.

ive got a dell

im typing away on it now...
its okay for storage etc... and with windows ... so easy to use :)

Jess
xox

I bought mine in toys r us of all places, paid about £500 for it and it came with a free mp3 player, printer and a scanner. It's perfect for someone who doesn't need tons of memory or speed. I sold my pc as I needed the room for my new baby and am soooo glad I bought the laptop, I can't get off it!

One of my old clients works for Oxfam and they used to sell reconditioned ones at really good prices, not sure if they still do. This was in Southampton.

you could try europc they are a huge company they deal in refurbished end of line or just ones that have been ordered and returned you still have a guarantee.You will get more for your money we bought my daughter a toshiba one that was £900 in pc world and comet but we got it for £599 they also do dell and all others

My mum bought one in Tesco about a month ago for £300 and it is fab - its got wireless internet too so she can use it anywhere in the house!

My laptop is from Dell and think it was about £450 which was good as its got a widescreen. As others say you will be very limited if you want to spend less than £400 if thats the most you can afford then go for a pc.
My friend has just bought one from tescos £349 and its faster than my laptop !!

I know eveyone says to beware of ebay but a few of my friends have purchased laptops from there and they have not had a problem. Just make sure you check out the sellers feedback and postage costs first, and if the postage is not listed email them for a quote so you have it in writing and they can't change it later on.

I had a link to a blog that tells a story of the guy who bought a dodgy laptop.. so he named and shamed him!! LOL

(off to find the link for you to have a giggle)

I've had a look a dabs and ebuyer for you and they are looking all at around the £300/£350 mark I'm afraid.

Sometimes Asda (believe it or not) do good deals on electricals, that may be worth a look.

HTH Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back