Anyone like solving mysteries?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani1987

Reaction score
Deep breath and here we go... Last November my aunt was here and she was asking do I ever play my wii if I ever consider selling it let her know cos she'll buy it for her grandson rhys who doesn't have a games console where as her other grandson had an I pad and an Xbox. .. I said I'd let her know but I do like having it to mess about with occasionally
. Subject dropped. Later on that night I decided to switch it on for a game to see if I could sell it... no I love it too much. I lent her a coat for a funeral mass which she very kindly dropped back when no one was here. A while later my friends little girl wanted to play the wii so I turned it on and it wasn't working I looked for Mario which had vanished very odd... I tried another game wouldn't load I thought this is weird what's going in so Ellie bless her said ill just play with your mii. .. gone all my game history gone... I immediately thought wtf she's taken my wii but it just sounded daft and my mum said but what would she do carry a broken wii with her and swap it over very unlikely right? So I left it... kept meaning to re look but it was pissing me off especially since Mario was gone my favourite game and it was a Christmas present. Turned it on tonight to reinvestigate thought maybe it had swallowed the disc or something but I went looking again through the settings... console name Rhys!!!!!
Update : So I confront her...
Her explanation is while she was here I went to make us a hot chocolate... while I did that she went on to my wii to create a mii for rhys if i was selling it to her and accidentally wiped it...
So she would have had to plug in the scart go on my wii create a mii go to setting wipe it then change the console name to rhys turn it off and get the tv back to where I'd left it in the time it had taken me to make a hot drink for us....
Update 2: She then asks how I remember the events so vividly given it was a year ago and how it all adds up to blaming her... emm well cos it does!!

Does her explaination make any sense to anyone else?

Why no say what you have done?
wheres super mario gone?
And why is my game history from playing it after the apparent resetting gone to?

Any logical answers appreciated
Update 3: ***sorry thats meant to be 'why not say'. and where not why

If she wiped it when you were making a drink then how come when you decided to switch it on after she had gone it was still working? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Why would anyone just think...I'll Jst go change the setting and name on that wii just incase she decides to sell it, but won't tell her? Bizarre,lol think she's swapped it for the knackered one whilst returning the coat 💻

She is acting dodgy! I would try and trick her into admitting she swapped them, say you had insurance on your original one and on the insurance paperwork it gave the Wii's serial number and you have checked the number on the broken one and it doesn't match. Hope that makes sense! Then you can say to her 'how can the serial number miraculously change'. Does Rhys have a wii now?

This is exactly my point thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly my theory

Yea see she asked me did i have the serial number on my box and my wii cos she had hers. I said I do but checked and there's no serial number on my box I've had it for 6 years and apparently the serial number is just stuck on the box so easily lost. Hers is obviously gone too cos she has now said she's emailed the company she bought it from to get her serial number... Yea right ok... but I've emailed nintendo to see if they can help I remember signing up to club nintendo years ago but no idea of my login or anything but hopefully they'll get back to me with my serial number which in all fairness shouldn't match the one I have sitting in my living room

Oh yea apparently his wii broke so now he has a ps3 annoying thing is this happened a year ago and I seen a picture a few weeks after she'd been of rhys playing a wii so I thought oh she found him one... that picture has now vanished... convenient ay?

Yeah it certainly sounds as if your auntie is to blame. Taking into account the lengths she has (maybe, but probably) gone to its all rather disturbing 😳. The cover story does not seem plausible.

If she is the reason behind the strange goings on then she really was hell bent on getting her hands on it.

I'd do what pinkcouture suggested and go with the insurance story. Let us know how it goes :)). I'm intrigued.

X.

If you give Nintendo the serial number off the console itself they will be able to tell you when the console was bought, if the date is not around the time you bought yours it is not your wii.

X.

If you give Nintendo the serial number off the console itself they will be able to tell you when the console was bought, if the date is not around the time you bought yours it is not your wii.

X.

Oh that's fab thank you Vicky, well unfortunately she has a history of kleptomania that everyone knows about but doesn't talk about one of those dark family secrets... It really is disturbing... what's even weirder is she was visiting from Ireland...

Wow...that woman was getting that Wii off you come hell or high water wasn't she!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh that's fab thank you Vicky, well unfortunately she has a history of kleptomania that everyone knows about but doesn't talk about one of those dark family secrets... It really is disturbing... what's even weirder is she was visiting from Ireland...

You're welcome, I hope it helps. It is unfortunate that she does have this history but you are the victim in this case also. You would think your mam would have given your suspicions more thought but if you say it is a touchy subject then she may have wanted to steer clear of that particular can of worms.

X.

Well I think the story seemed so unbelievable she found it hard to believe but the minute I sent her that picture of the console name she was on the phone to her demanding my wii back :) when I first told her the story she said it made no sense but was possible because she Stole a toy from me when I was a baby and my mum found it in her house :eek:

Ooooh what a cow! Sorry if this sounds harsh but she should be thoroughly ashamed of herself and I'd never let her step foot in my house again!

My sisters ex boyfriends mum was like that, loads of thing went missing, silly things like holiday pics in frames etc Nd turned out she had them all in her bedroom but denied it till the day she died even though my sister seen them with her own eyes,lol

Sounds like my aunt hee hee. Well I just looked at the wii again and it had 2006 on it my box has 2007! Gotcha!

Haha im so glad you have busted her! What a mean thing to do!

What are you going to do about it?

I cannot believe someone would bring a broken console from Ireland to do something like that!! The mind boggles!

Well this was my mum's response... This is what we have to deal with... im just waiting for Nintendo to get back to me but I've heard nothing from her since so that's proof in itself... if someone had accused me I'd be bringing all the evidence forward to prove in telling the truth.

She'll never admit it even if I show her the proof in black and white so frustrating! !!

could that mean. Wii was manufactured in 06 but packed in 07 for shipping? Worth googling :) she will find an answer for everything!

Latest posts

Back