Anyone tried weight watchers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
No excuses not going to blame having 2 kids just my greed, but I thought it was about time I did something to shift the many stones overweight that I am.
Went along with a friend this week and joined weight watchers.
So far having great fun as I am now planning what I will eat and cooking things from scratch, rather then pulling it out of a packet and putting it in the oven.
Whilst I'm enjoying it I'm not actually thinking of it as a diet and it hasnt been to hard to do.
Given up snacking as well, although you can eat what you want as long as you choose it off the "no count" list, but havent found I wanted to.
I hope when I'm weighed next week that I have lost something though.
My hubbie is still snacking as he says that he has to get rid of the junk in the house!
I just wondered if anyone else has tried it/on it and how well they did/doing?

I've done it and it works. Good luck

I want to try weight watchers but not keen on going on my own need to find someone to go with lol! I need to shift the many stones ive put on over the past few years but being diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries its a bit harder to shift!(excuses excuses!lol!);) just need to find my weight watchers buddy now! hehe! xxx

Sorry also meant to say good luck!!! :) xxx

I have done it three times now - I have to say that its very good if you stick to it (I lost weight got happy with the new shape I was and then put it all back on plus some each time). I did lose three stone a few years back but am now bigger than I was when I started that time.

I have to say though that if I can do it anyone can - I love food!!
Right little pigglet.
:lol:

I am doing it online now which I have to say is FAB. It has an online track and adds all the points up banks them if you have points left over so you can use them later and if you are unsure of the points value you just type in keywords and it brings up a whole list of foods and points that it could be.

In the first week you generally lose the most and then the aim should be to lose 1 - 2 pounds per week to stay healthy and keep the weight off longer.

I have found that weight wathcers is the best for me (tried Rosemary conolly, slimmers world and just good old will power) but everyone is different.
Also keep in mind that when your due on you retain more fluids so the weight in that week might not come off as quickly as you want - the next week it usally falls by a lot though to make up for it. You start to see a pattern on your weight lost if you keep going just by looking at the weight tracker card you are given.

I have always been very worried about my weight - I was the fat kid at school and never really got rid of the mentallity. Friends tell me that I dont look as bad as I think I do but doing weight watchers helps me. I can eat what I want I just have to count the points so I dont feel I am missing out but I do feel as if I am working towards a weight goal.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you, but most of all just enjoy the fact that you are eating healthy and being proactive about something you are unhappy with.

Carrie

Ps if you need treat and dont want to have to eat crappy diet sweets and stuff then try milky way - only 2 points per bar ( same as most of the diet cakes/ sweets you can get) and give you a proper choccie fix when you need it.
curly wirley are also good.
xxx

I have lost a stone so far :)

Weight Watchers works for me!! I have lost nearly 2 stone in under a year!!
xxx

Not tried Weight watchers myself but Mum did and didn;t get on very well. She found it hard to get a really good bablanced diet out of it, and lost a little bit of weight but her health wasn't good on the diet at all.

But we both joined Slimming World and lost over 2 1/2 stone each in 3 months. The food is lovely, filling, and I never felt more healthy and re-vitalised in my life!

ive done it and it worked for me! think why it worked for me going to weight watchers was cos i knew i couldn't cheat but if i was doing it by my self id just say (ohh i'll av that choc cake) and no one would know :)

I went to weight watchers and only lost 7lb in 5 weeks! I am now on the Cambridge Diet which is fantastic, I have lost 1 and a half stone in 5 weeks! Ia m on the sole source option which is soley 3 shakes/soups a day but they are sooo yummy I am finding it very easy indeed.

I lost three stones with weight watchers. The diet is so simple and I found the support from the leaders really helpful. I'd deffo reccommend it

carriebag said:
I have done it three times now - I have to say that its very good if you stick to it (I lost weight got happy with the new shape I was and then put it all back on plus some each time). I did lose three stone a few years back but am now bigger than I was when I started that time.

I have to say though that if I can do it anyone can - I love food!!
Right little pigglet.
:lol:

I am doing it online now which I have to say is FAB. It has an online track and adds all the points up banks them if you have points left over so you can use them later and if you are unsure of the points value you just type in keywords and it brings up a whole list of foods and points that it could be.

In the first week you generally lose the most and then the aim should be to lose 1 - 2 pounds per week to stay healthy and keep the weight off longer.

I have found that weight wathcers is the best for me (tried Rosemary conolly, slimmers world and just good old will power) but everyone is different.
Also keep in mind that when your due on you retain more fluids so the weight in that week might not come off as quickly as you want - the next week it usally falls by a lot though to make up for it. You start to see a pattern on your weight lost if you keep going just by looking at the weight tracker card you are given.

I have always been very worried about my weight - I was the fat kid at school and never really got rid of the mentallity. Friends tell me that I dont look as bad as I think I do but doing weight watchers helps me. I can eat what I want I just have to count the points so I dont feel I am missing out but I do feel as if I am working towards a weight goal.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you, but most of all just enjoy the fact that you are eating healthy and being proactive about something you are unhappy with.

Carrie

Ps if you need treat and dont want to have to eat crappy diet sweets and stuff then try milky way - only 2 points per bar ( same as most of the diet cakes/ sweets you can get) and give you a proper choccie fix when you need it.
curly wirley are also good.
xxx
Now I know what I can use my spare points for!
I think this is probably a better diet then I've tried in the past as it doesnt restrict you, theres loads of stuff on the list so you cant get bored - I hope! LOL
I havent dipped into my points yet, as I thought I would use them if I wanted a treat, but I dont want to treat myself untill I've done a few weeks otherwise I will just cave.
I've been working out all the points on the cooking sauces in my cupboards, oh my god! Will probably use some points up to get rid of them.
Defo eating a lot less and more healthily, dont feel hungry and feel less sluggish.
Even took my 16month old daughter for a walk this afternoon, where as normally I would of made myself a cup of tea and had a choccie.

Last time I joined I was wearing about 3 layers of clothes and as much jewellery as Mr T - the 2nd week I think I was wearing a sundress and not much else! God I lost a lot of weight that first week. Afterwards I lost about 2lb a week PMSL!!! Seriously though - it does work and is better if you lose the weight gradually. My friend has now lost almost 3 stone with weight watchers. Good Luck:hug:

welsh_hannah said:
I want to try weight watchers but not keen on going on my own need to find someone to go with lol! I need to shift the many stones ive put on over the past few years but being diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries its a bit harder to shift!(excuses excuses!lol!);) just need to find my weight watchers buddy now! hehe! xxx

I went with a mate that was already going, otherwise I dont think I would have the courage to go. Having said that once I got there I relised there was no reason to worry as knowone judges you. They dont make a comment about your weight and they dont tell you how much over weight you are in case it freaks you out, they set small goals - the first one being 10% of your total weight. Maybe a friend will go with you as moral support, they dont have to join. My sister has been diagnosed with this as well and she is with weight watchers as well and seems to be doing quite well and she's just given up smoking as well. I think she's just been awarded a bronze something or other cant remember, they give you awards when you reach your goals.
I'm probably going to end up working for them the way I'm going on about them LOL!

1999judy said:
Last time I joined I was wearing about 3 layers of clothes and as much jewellery as Mr T - the 2nd week I think I was wearing a sundress and not much else! God I lost a lot of weight that first week. Afterwards I lost about 2lb a week PMSL!!! Seriously though - it does work and is better if you lose the weight gradually. My friend has now lost almost 3 stone with weight watchers. Good Luck:hug:
The lady did say to me try to be weighed the same way if possible i.e. shoes off everytime and coat off.
I left my shoes on because I had a hole in my sock! PMSL

bubbabinks said:
I went with a mate that was already going, otherwise I dont think I would have the courage to go. Having said that once I got there I relised there was no reason to worry as knowone judges you. They dont make a comment about your weight and they dont tell you how much over weight you are in case it freaks you out, they set small goals - the first one being 10% of your total weight. Maybe a friend will go with you as moral support, they dont have to join. My sister has been diagnosed with this as well and she is with weight watchers as well and seems to be doing quite well and she's just given up smoking as well. I think she's just been awarded a bronze something or other cant remember, they give you awards when you reach your goals.
I'm probably going to end up working for them the way I'm going on about them LOL!

Well done to your sister when i give up smokin i put on weight to would eat instead of a fag! lol I know my mum wants to go to weight watchers so will try and get it sorted in a few weeks! xx

bubbabinks said:
The lady did say to me try to be weighed the same way if possible i.e. shoes off everytime and coat off.
I left my shoes on because I had a hole in my sock! PMSL

LOL!! hehehe!!! xx

welsh_hannah said:
Well done to your sister when i give up smokin i put on weight to would eat instead of a fag! lol I know my mum wants to go to weight watchers so will try and get it sorted in a few weeks! xx
The people are lovely as we're all in the same boat, however you do see a few skinny minnies getting weighed, maybe there near the end of there goals?!

i lost 4 and 1/2 stone a few years ago i found it really worked for me only took 3 months now i put some back on as i had a baby but not as much as i was before
hope it works out ok for you and good luck:)

Thanks for all your responses and the encouragement, still havent caved lol!
Hopefully when I get weighed on Tuesday weight would of come off, otherwise I probably will cave.

Latest posts

Back