Anyone use Electric files?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hels26

Reaction score
Am really worried, just started L3 nail tech and this year electric filing has been added in. I know its up and coming within the industry but it really scares me and I have to pass it to complete my NVQ. Just wondering, was anyone else in a similar situation but have found it to be ok? I'm really worried about over filing/buffing on a real client. Any tips?

I know its going to cut down on timing but surely nothing beats hand filing. Maybe i'm over worrying and I know I probably shouldnt knock it before I try it! :eek:

please dont be so concerned, it really is nothing to worry about.
if you are getting proper tuition, theres no danger at all.
it does seem a little frightening at first but theres nothing to fear.

Hi hun, like any tool it's only as good or bad as the hand that uses it. I have seen horrendus (sp) over filing caused by hand files and I have seen excelent work produced by e-files.
E-files have been around for a very long time and I for one am glad to hear that they are finally being taught properly. Personally I only ever used mine to pull down old product when performing a re-balance and have always felt that I produce a better finish with a hand file. But I know some techs who wouldn't leave home with out theirs:lol:
Enjoy your course hun, see how it goes and don't allow anyone to make up your mind for you as to whether you buy and e-file or not. It's a tool like any other as individual as your brush.:hug:

I just done my efile training today with CND using my kupa mani pro, and I am totally in love with it. I found on my practise model It was alot easier quicker and nicer finish when debulking during a rebalance.

I never used it to finish and refine as I am only going to use to debulk during rebalances as I find using hand file to refine and finish is going to be just as quick for me as I sculpt with my brush as opposed to shaping with a file, so it does not take me long to use my 180 hot shot to refine then quick smooth with my white block and then buff to a shine with my glossing blocks finish with oil.xxx

I did my E File training 12 months after I had qualified in nails and must admit rarely used it for 12 months as I was too afraid I would not have good control & was beginning to think I had wasted my money & time until I started suffering with aching wrists ....... I felt if I wanted to stay in the industry I would have to get confident with it & use it and have been using a Kupa E File since, great little machines I use mine almost every day & as Katie I use my for de bulking on re balances takes the strain and pain out of them and finish by hand. Dont worry as long as your shown the correct way to use it take your time you will be fine.

I wouldn't be without my e-file! I think a lot of it is to do with confidence, just practise lots and youl soon become comfortable with using your e-file

xxx

You can use efiles on Gel, personally i would change the filing bit to a sanding/arbour band as gel files a lot quicker and easier than L+P, The trick is to let the file "glide" and do the work, use pressure when using an efile on gel and you will file a lot faster than you anticipated!

xxx

i agree, gel files very well with an e file, you just need the appropriate bit.

i think e filing does save time, but more importantly it saves wear and tear on the nail technician. when you are fully booked with appointments it really does make a difference in terms of fatigue at the end of the day.

I use an efile on gels and I use a fine sanding band. Works really great!!!

I did my KUPA training with Julia Moran at Manchester CA+ and haven't looked back since. I love my efile :Love:

I'm a newbie, still praying to qualify. I am getting an efile. I'll use it on myself in the beginning and never on the nail bed. I find it difficult to buff down my own nails. Just getting a cheapo pen efile from ebay. In fact I just ordered it before I came on this website.

I use e file. I could do the whole rebalance or a new set with an e file by never using handfile. I dont do it often though. Use handfile for the free edge and buffer in the end. Mostly i use my diamond bits (cone and barrel) and medium titanium barrel for debulk. Never got used to sanding bits though.

E-file is an excellent tool if you know how to use it. But its not a must! With proper education and practice there is no need to fear the machine. You can always control the pressure and the rpm speed. There is a big differences between the machines though: the level of vibrance, noise, rpm speed, easy bits changing possibilities, foot pedal. Always preferably try one before buying.:hug:

Latest posts

Back