Apart from your training, what would you say is your best/worst major investment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
My all time favourate investment to my salon has to be my electronic couch, it was very expensive but it has been used on a daily basis since the day it was delivered. My clients love it and my back loves it.

My worst or dissapointing investment has to be my Sterex Blend Electrolysis Machine. I am hating doing electrolysis these days, maybe due to not being very successful at it or spending enough time working with it. I don't want to do any further training with it so it maybe going to a more loving home, it just seems a shame when so much money and time initially was spent on it... I am so torn.

My other big mistake was buying a compressor for nail art and body art plus all the accessories paints, stencils etc etc... lots of money and have up to date never used it on a client... and its 4 years old now LOL!! It just sits in a lovely case I bought special for it, but at least I had some fun playing with it when I first got it.

So what are your best and worst large investments that you have? :hug:

best buy and most loved buy is my hot towel cabis, I have one in each venue and couldn't imagine guru holistics without it.

worst buy, ummmmmm, do you know jen, I can't think of anything. If I've bought something, I end up finding a use for it, even a few years down the line.

Great thread Jen.

My best investment was my training with Creative, I discovered them by chance and thank my lucky stars. After my initial training I went on to do the Spa mani/pedi training which, in these difficult times, is where a lot of my business is

My worst investment was all my nail art stuff, I am pretty competent but nobody wants to pay for it - it doesn't help that I loathe it myself:)

My worst investment was the airbrush compressor and kit which I bought when I first entered the world of nails. I faced reality and sold it for a fraction of its cost a couple of years ago.:rolleyes:

My best investment (although they weren't that expensive) must be my nail desk and chairs as well as my pedicure chair which are comfy, attractive and help me carry out my work better and keep my clients comfortable. Oh and I can't forget my Pro Styler!:)

Excellent thread!:)

I think the best investment was probably Dermalogica for my skincare range and the worst without a doubt was my previous range academie due to the huge amount of problems I had with them !!

Actually ive had quite a few bad investments !! Most of them are from when I originally started mobile, I just bought everything and anything thinking Id need it, retail was my main weakness and I hardly sold any of it !

Like Bombini I found my investment in my skincare the best I've ever made, although in my case it's Decleor. Having the right skincare for my clients & one that I can get behind has led to increased takings from treatments & retail, and means that I actually enjoy doing the treatments!

Latest posts

Back