Apilus electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering - when you say pulling the hairs out was more uncomfortable than the treatment itself - your not meant to feel the hair being removed at all once treated?:hug:

How bizarre - I certainly felt something when the hairs were pulled out. Does that suggest inappropriate technique for the actual electrolysis then or insufficiently high power to "nuke" the hair?

How bizarre - I certainly felt something when the hairs were pulled out. Does that suggest inappropriate technique for the actual electrolysis then or insufficiently high power to "nuke" the hair?

Hair should slide out without traction and could be both of the things you mention Ruth. Although what can happen sometimes is that the tweezers catch at a nearby hair and that is what you feel.

I can't speak for the Apilus treatment as I have never used it - but with traditional diathermy or blend application - you would feel the hot 'sting' then the hair should just slide out without resistance for it to be effectively treated. If there was any tugging and discomfort - it would mean it hasn't been treated properly.

Ruth, I just thought you meant the treatment was so comfortable that the worst bit was the hair coming out (zero pain) - iykwim.:hug:

Apilus uses pico flash, heat is deliver in as little as 0.29 of a second. which means very little discomfort for the client. It is very effective with less skin reaction. I can now clear upper lip area with out causing:Scared: electrolysis is in new league with this unit.

Another brilliant thing about the Apilus (certainly the model I have: The Senior) is that you can do galvanic facials too!

Another brilliant thing about the Apilus (certainly the model I have: The Senior) is that you can do galvanic facials too!
i have the galvanic mode on mine too, back i have'nt used it on clients, do you mine if i ask what you charge for the gal facials and what gels you use with it?:biggrin:

I've created a facial treatment called "The Ultimate".
It comprises desincrustration, diamond microderm, O2, ionto, moisturiser.
I use the Priadara gels from Ellisons, and I charge £100 for it.

Latest posts

Back