Are any of these your nail pics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieMc

Reaction score
During my recent browsing I've come across another website that appears to be using other people's nail pics without their consent - at least they've not given any credit to the other people. I recognise nails by our very own Loo and Christie and their 'copyright' appears to have been cropped off the picture.

Not seen any of mine there (I'm quite insulted!!! :lol: ) but if any of you want to check if your nail pics are being used without your permission - here's the link: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I've purposefully not made this a link so if you copy and paste it into a new browser you'll have to remove the space after the 'h' from the http bit - if that makes sense.

I recognise quite a few too but none are mine.

No, they haven't used any of mine either !! :lol:

However, the lady with the bum shot was quite brave. Can't really see much of her nails though :lol:

Marlise

some people have no shame, I could no sooner steal someone elses work and pass it off as my own as i could walk naked down the street... and that ain't never gonna happen lol

This person may be a Geek as there's a link to the site and they thank various Creative peeps.

she is a geek...seen her on here a few times, her name is ....djnalz

I regonise them too.

Have you seen the rest of the website? Sounds like a knocking shop to me with her 'very late nights' LOL!!!

Its not right, and if she had used my images, I would be annoyed!!! Re the copyright - is there anything that can be done about it?

I wouldnt worry too much - shes no 'great tech' if she cant come up with her own nail art!!! :eek:

The only way to stop this sort of thing happening is to mark all of your pictures that are placed on the internet.

So if she has used them and cropped off the copyright can something still be done? I'm thinking about getting my work copyrighted for my future website - but if people can just crop out the copyright mark I wont bother x

you could always copyright in like a watermark over the picture so theres noway it can be cropped xx

you could always copyright in like a watermark over the picture so theres noway it can be cropped xx

Ahhh! Thanks lynseyloo! Good idea. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to computers / websites etc :hug:

not a probs am happy I can be of help :hug:

cool, now that is about as clear as you could make it instruction wise.. I love info like that :hug:

Let's not get too personal here guys, remember we're not to judge someone personally, it's the ethics of it we should be discussing...

Considering the fact that the person mentioned is a Geek I think it would be better if those concerned contact her to make her aware of the ethical way to use other technicians work on their websites.

If you recognise any of the work as your own then the right thing to do would be to email her directly to discuss it :idea:

I could only see they had taken a picture of my butt....:rolleyes: man am I popular ! LOL......

To add thats a shame someone would take pictures without permission of the owner.......I'm personally proud of the work I do and would never dream of taking anothers.......

She lives near me.. isint she the geek who was selling creative products on ebay a few month ago...:rolleyes:

No, they haven't used any of mine either !! :lol:

However, the lady with the bum shot was quite brave. Can't really see much of her nails though :lol:

Marlise

hey didnt know if ya got ya nails done you could get ya bum done at the same time lol!

didnt understand why bum shot was used also!! no need!!

its not far i want to see bum shot ha ha ha but my putor wont let me on the site HELLLLPPPP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back