Asian kids..... are they special? Gifted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
Why do I ask? Well, Jackie and I have just come across some classical music demos performed by several asian kids and we've both been totally blown away!!

What's all the fuss about? Watch this video..... to the end.... and then ask the question again. Click here

Additional videos by some other kids can be viewed by clicking on the links down the right hand side of the main screen. AWESOME!!!!!!

First off Amazing!!!!!

I don't know if the 'asian' kid race is special or gifted more than any other race however I do think that there 'learning' is more required of them thus making them appear more 'gifted '.........than the rest of the races.....

Very true Melissa. They actually have to practice before school and after school before they are allowed to sit in front of a TV playing video games.

they have quite a talent but very disiplined.

Very talented indeed!

There are so many children of all races that are talented in all aspects, I wouldn't say it was just asian children.

Teri x:hug:

Asian/ oriental kids - as a race - are not 'gifted' or 'special'.. they just have a different lifestyle to the westerners.. they have to work hard.. very hard.. and from young.. the parents put them under tremendous pressure to 'perform' well..

Learning additional skills is expected of a child.. if you dont take lessons on anything.. then your considered as 'abnormal'... and your chances of competing in the society is lowered..

In china.. if you want a chance to leave the communist country for a better life elsewhere.. then your parents will start preparing you from a very young age.. they will pick a subject for you - a sport or music or maybe dance - and you will practice and practice until you are extraordinary enough that one day your skill will help you obtain better opportunities elsewhere in a different country.. but in order to have that chance.. you must be better than most people you know..

In Japan.. there are more teenage suicidal than any other country.. nearly one everyday.. they have a huge pressure to do well in school and in society.. if you dont catch up or if youre not good enough.. then you will be boycoted and bullied.. eventually.. some children turn to suicide...

In Hong Kong.. from the age of 5.. children carry books to school which are double their own body weight.. most children use a travel trolley on wheels as a school bag to carry their books to school..!!

to get into a good school.. you must compete.. you must be able to do things other children can not do.. and if others can do it.. then you must be better than everyone else.. most of the children go to extra lessons after school to learn numerous things.. dance.. musical instrument.. extra tutorial lesson etc etc..

The little girl in the clip is very good at playing the piano.. but she probably started at the age of 3 and spent 5 hours a day.. 7 days a week.. everyday after school to get to that stage..

If you gave up your life to practice intensively like that.. im pretty sure you will be a genius at playing the piano too..

Her talent is amazing - not once did she look at the music!

Funny enough, I was only thinking the same myself just yesterday. I think that the reason they are so successful at most things is that they have the desire and belief that they can achieve, It's all about the Law of Attraction. What you focus on comes to you. They know The Secret.

Did you notice she was not reading the music! Fantastic! And she just loved it by the look on her face when she finished. Thanks for the link

Julie xx

I watched a documentary on children with high I.Q's and this reminds me of a little girl who had similar talent but due to over reaching her young little hands to play the notes she damaged them and can no longer play. Some children are pushed too hard too young. She is amazing but hopefully at no cost to her future.

I agree that some children are pushed too hard too young..... but when we are living on this side of the world... it is almost too easy for us to say that...

Life is very different in the far east.. if you lived in a country where the chances of your child getting into a good school is not by catchment area.. not by siblings.. but purely by exam entry... as a parent.. what would you do..?

Would you not do anything.. let nature do the work.. not worry and have your child maybe end up in a E-band school full of bullies and triads...?

Or would you spend the time and money like every else to 'train' your child to achieve the best they could so they are able to go to a A-band school where their future is more secured...?

You dont want your child to compete.. but if they dont they will be bullied and neglected by society....

Individuality is not encouraged like in England.. they do not promote 'all children learns at a different stage'... if you fall behind in school then you are classified as 'stupid'..

So is it correct to say that in situations like this... 'pushing' them is actually 'saving' them....?

regardless of everything else.....i just think she's fab and i would be so proud if she was my daughter...x

What can i say other than Amazing!!!

Totally blown away, i could have sat and listened to that all night.

I agree, regardless of any other concerns, the young girl in the video is most definitely talented. I hope she goes on to lead a long and happy life.

Latest posts

Back