Attitude polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
Looking to buy my first range of polishes. I'm only just starting out so looking for something cheap and cheerfull.
I see Ellidons sells attitude polishes, what are people's views on these?xx

I had attitude polishes and didnt rate them.

I recommend OPI, china glaze or better than both - CND polishes.

Looking to buy my first range of polishes. I'm only just starting out so looking for something cheap and cheerfull.
I see Ellidons sells attitude polishes, what are people's views on these?xx

I had attitude in my first kit and they were ok. Just ok though! I'm also collecting polishes and found you may aswell spend that little bit extra and buy a good quality set! X

I trained with them... If you dont look after them properly amd wipe the neck of bottle each time they go gloopy and vile really quick! If looked after they are ok, chip very easily i found. Im a great believer in if you buy cheap you buy twice!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I'm a great believer in if you buy cheap you buy twice!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek[/QUOTE]

And for that reason I will stay away and think I'll look into china glaze as their colours are nice and reasonable price. Thanks ladies :) saved me!x

OPI is quite reasonable and clients are aware of the brand, if you start off with a few basic reds and pinks and slowly build up your kit you will be stocked up in no time, i started out just over 2 years ago and i've gone from having 6 polishes to around 70, i just buy them on VAT free days at capital, beauty shows and so on. but i will warn you... its addictive! lol have fun :D

OPI is quite reasonable and clients are aware of the brand, if you start off with a few basic reds and pinks and slowly build up your kit you will be stocked up in no time, i started out just over 2 years ago and i've gone from having 6 polishes to around 70, i just buy them on VAT free days at capital, beauty shows and so on. but i will warn you... its addictive! lol have fun :D

I went into my local Sally's last week & the opi was about £xx. Am I being tight lol??xx

Last edited by a moderator:
salon geek won't let you put trade prices because of it being a public forum, i've never bought opi from sallys (my local one isn't up to scratch) so not sure of the prices but should be approx the same as capital, if you think how many nails you can paint with one pot then you're bound to make your money back and more :D it really is personal preference i suppose, maybe buy a few of each and see what you get on with yourself?

salon geek won't let you put trade prices because of it being a public forum, i've never bought opi from sallys (my local one isn't up to scratch) so not sure of the prices but should be approx the same as capital, if you think how many nails you can paint with one pot then you're bound to make your money back and more :D it really is personal preference i suppose, maybe buy a few of each and see what you get on with yourself?

Ohhhh silly me ha! I don't want to spend into double digits! I think I best buy 1 at a time see which I prefer xx

haha don't worry i go to do it all the time! the worst thing you could do is invest alot of money in a product and not like it, i did it once and never again. good luck! :D

They use attitude at college and they aren't the best! They're gloppy after a while and if you leave them open too long they get thick quickly, not an ideal product for a trainee but they're cheap to buy/replace x

Ohhhh silly me ha! I don't want to spend into double digits! I think I best buy 1 at a time see which I prefer xx

If the polishes you were looking at in Sally's were double digits as you say then I think you might Have been looking at the public price so to say. Anyone can buy from Sally's. You need to look at the smaller price on the card that's the trade price. X

i agree all of the opi polishes i have bought depending on what one is not double figures probably half of it. and they do last. ive bought china glaze and whilst some colours are nice. i find they really chip on my nails quickly were as opi last quite well.....and even tho these are cheap i actually love rimmel 60second dry polishes they have a small few colours and again last of my nails great!!

I am such a sucker for nail polishes i have so many different colours from different brands and love mixing and matching with nail art etc xxx

Personally really not a fan of attitude varnishes. Used them at college and they were very gloopy.

Highly recommend opi, like someone said, Sally's vat free days are the best time to get them. They are 15ml polishes as well, so larger then the average nail polish too! Happy testing :) x

I used them at college aswell I didn't rate them either well worth spending a bit more and getting some opi xx

Opi are fab!! The brushes are great!! Really good result at the end!

China glaze are nice too but I prefer the brushes on opi but that's my preference xx

Right I'm going to buy one opi as seems they are highly rated & clients tend to know the brand then when vat free day comes I'll say bye bye to all pennies :(
Wish I just had a varnish addiction, I've just got a spending one!!x

Right I'm going to buy one opi as seems they are highly rated & clients tend to know the brand then when vat free day comes I'll say bye bye to all pennies :(
Wish I just had a varnish addiction, I've just got a spending one!!x

I know how you feel! When the vat free days roll around I go a bit nuts...particularly with opi. I say that I need a wide variety of colours to offer clients....however I have over 80 varnishes, I think I just like them myself lol!

I was reading this thread with interest as I am planning what stock I am going to buy at the moment and I wondered why no one seems to recommend CND colour and effects.

I see China Glaze, OPI or Essie talked about. I just wondered if there was a reason. Ease of availablility maybe?

It might well be ease of availability you're right. CG and OPI are at Sally's at least.

I love CND for my older ladies - everyone goes ooh when you put an effect on :D me included.

I love OPI for the brush - but not all polishes are great. Some iconic colours but I think there are more options for layering with CND.

China Glaze I have for their bright colours for doing kids' nails. Cheap and cheerful but the brush is not my fave for painting xx

Latest posts

Back