awful whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieA

Reaction score
hi all, i have recently passed my creative foundation l&p and am having trouble with the finished result of my whites. they seem to be uneven looking as if they are differnt shades of white which makes me think im not applying the product evenly on the nail. also after i have buffed,in parts it buffs through to the tip so there are gaps in the white! am i filing too much or do you think i may be applying the product too wet so the product is going on thinner?
thanks xx

In the beginning, I had the same problem - so I used white powder over white tips. This helps to stop the shadowy look that can happen if you go a bit thin, because it is white underneath too.
When I had sorted the problem out, I stopped using the white tips.
If you choose to try this out, don't forget to reduce the well of the tip, remove the surface shine, but don't blend!
Good luck!

thanks for that, when it happened to the set of nails i was doing this morning though it was a natural nail overlay so i wouldnt be able to use white tips. i was so unhappy with the finished result i have told her to come back in the week when she has time and i will redo the whites for her!

Do you have a nail trainer?
NNOs are tricky if you're not confident with your white application as you can't cheat!
If you dont have a nail trainer, you could always practice on tips......a lot!!!!

its probably because your ratio of liquid and powder is differing between each bead. it will be particularly noticeable if you use more than one bead of white to complete each tip. you get a sort of marblised finish where the 2 ratios differ. the drier the bead the denser your white will look, the wetter it is it will appear thinner and paler with a greyish tinge.

take good notice of how much liquid you are leaving in your brush, for instance if you wipe the brush twice on your dish before you pick up powder, do the same for all your tips.
if you can, use only one bead of white to complete each tip.
if you have to add a little bit to the edges, try to keep it a dry mix and it will work better for you.

Latest posts

Back