Babyliss heater help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can help? I have done my wax training course and need to practise. SO i have lined up friends , bought a kit (babyliss) and am ready to go! My training manual says the wax should be 48 degrees and I have had a play with the heater and am not really sure where that is on the controls? I would say on number 4?

The instructions are not that brill (or it could be just me ) but it says to turn it up to ten and then down to 1 and then the wax will stabilise afte 20 /30 mins. BUT the wax is not hot enough and is almost solid if i do that!

I sent an email to babyliss two days ago and no reply yet.

Can anyone help?

tigi

xxxxxxxxxxx

:) Hi I use a babyliss heater just for hot wax, They arent the best heaters and when I start to do more with the hot wax will get a hive one, which i use for cool wax.
So you do turn it right up to 10 to get it melted, but then i turn it down to 3/4 depends how warm the room is etc to get it right consistensy. Or if you are using cool wax to be honest this melts down so fast just pop it onto 4 and it will be there in no time. hth
Faye.xx

I have the Babyliss double heater and use both strip and non strip in it. I have strip on just under 4 and non strip on 3. I never turn it up high to melt in the morning, instead I have a timer socket so it comes on about an hour before I arrive in the salon and it is then perfect and ready for use.

I use that one too. I have found that if you put it up to 10 then to 1 it does work but takes ages to cool down again to use.

I put my wax on the other night for my client about 40 minutes before she came but she turned up 20 minutes early. My wax was getting there so I turned it down so that I could start to use it within a minute it went totally runny and we had to wait 20 minutes for it to cool again...... Luckily she was in no rush.

I felt so bad about it.

Cath

I have the Babyliss double heater and it works just fine if put on an hour before the client arrives.

My strip wax is usually at number 4 & my non strip sits at 1-2

Although these are just numbers it's best to go by the look and feel of the wax rather than live by a number as room temperature and things affect it.

Hello,

I have used the Babyliss double heater - never again - twice I bought it back 2 salon serv. Both times both wells wd be so hot on number 1 that I could not wax clients otherwise they wd have been burnt. Stick to hive 1000cc heaters - you cant go wrong 4 hot and warm waxes!:)

I have the Babyliss double heater and set it on a timer to come on an hour before I arrive at the salon. However, for my strip wax I cannot set it any higher than 1 as this is just too high for my particular wax.

There are great differences between wax pots even of the same make, I have two 1000cc Hive heaters also containing hard wax one is set on between 2-3 and the other is on 5. They all seem to have their little vagaries.

It may be that you have to play around with your settings until you get it right.

Latest posts

Back