Back from my first day of L+P foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxJackiexx

Reaction score
Been at the St Helens Cnd academy all day today for day one of the L+P foundation. Never realised just how tricky those perfect smile lines are . I think tonight I will mostly be spending the night practising white smiles on a box of cheap tips and watching the Dvd that came with my kit .
Hats off to you ladies that already have this skill mastered :) I've alot of hard work to do x

Last edited:
Been at the St Helens Cnd academy all day today for day one of the L+P foundation. Never realised just how tricky those perfect smile lines are . I think tonight I will mostly be spending the night practising white smiles on a box of cheap tips and watching the Dvd that came with my kit .
Hats off to you ladies that already have this skill mastered :) I've alot of hard work to do x

Glad you enjoyed your day !

Usually by day 3 students are thinking, No Way can this all be done in an hour!! LOL.

Some are quite disheartened by day 3, but keep up the practice And do each step perfectly no matter how long it takes and don't push it just for the sake of going faster.

Remember, that practice does NOT make perfect! Only perfect practice makes perfect. Good Luck!

It is lovely to hear from someone when they have enjoyed their courses but realise just how much work there is to do. It is so worth it in the end though!:wink2:

Aww thankyou Gigi . It was a lovely day Katrina is a wonderful tutor and so patient :) After today I'm even more baffled about the one day courses with other companies , I do not understand how you can learn all the theory and application in one day .
I will not be beaten by smile lines though , I'm a determined little so and so lol I just hope one day I can produce beautiful nails i can be proud of x

It is lovely to hear from someone when they have enjoyed their courses but realise just how much work there is to do. It is so worth it in the end though!:wink2:

So much hard work ! As soon as my little people are in bed I'll be getting my kit out and probably swearing alot lol :lol:

Aww thankyou Gigi . It was a lovely day Katrina is a wonderful tutor and so patient :) After today I'm even more baffled about the one day courses with other companies , I do not understand how you can learn all the theory and application in one day .
I will not be beaten by smile lines though , I'm a determined little so and so lol I just hope one day I can produce beautiful nails i can be proud of x

Well the answer is ...You can't!! :biggrin:

Too bad people do not appreciate that BEFORE they pay for these unrealistic classes.

keep up the hard work, you sound like you have the right attitude to beat it and become a good nail tech!!

1 of the first thing's i will always tell newbies is when you do your course, it's not going to be a walk in the park but keep working hard then you'll realise it's starting to fall into place! Don't forget to upload some pics in the critique section x

I've just done an hour of smile lining an assortment of tips , I've had to stop now though as I'm really tired (stupidly late night last night due to child no 3 ) I'm losing concentration .
Early night tonight (please smallest child sleep through) and back at the academy in the morning - hopefully bright eyed and bushy tailed lol
Thankyou for the words of encouragement ladies :D xxx

Last edited:
Good luck with it Jackie, hope you thoroughly enjoy the course and become a master in time xxx

Hi Sylvia,thankyou ! My poor brain is abit tired right now from trying to process all of today's information lol

I've done day three today and I've come away feeling very frustrated with myself. I did a full set on a model (my mum) and I'm so disappointed with what I did .
I'm half glad that I'm disappointed though as atleast I can see where I need to do lots more work and practice . Lots of practice to do now in the next two weeks , I'll be enhancing anyone with hands that can sit still for long enough and that includes the hubby lol

I've done day three today and I've come away feeling very frustrated with myself. I did a full set on a model (my mum) and I'm so disappointed with what I did .
I'm half glad that I'm disappointed though as atleast I can see where I need to do lots more work and practice . Lots of practice to do now in the next two weeks , I'll be enhancing anyone with hands that can sit still for long enough and that includes the hubby lol

Look again at my post above!!

Why are you frustrated ... did you think it would take you 3 days only to do the kind of work that makes you money?? Come on jackie :hug: Got to keep it REAL :biggrin: You are looking at a year to be doing nail you are really happy with and that is if you do loads n loads of clients. You will think you are happy before that time .. but down the line you will be allot happier. :hug:

Look again at my post above!!

Why are you frustrated ... did you think it would take you 3 days only to do the kind of work that makes you money?? Come on jackie :hug: Got to keep it REAL :biggrin: You are looking at a year to be doing nail you are really happy with and that is if you do loads n loads of clients. You will think you are happy before that time .. but down the line you will be allot happier. :hug:

Oh no I didn't think I'd do a perfect set so soon I'm not crazy :lol: I was just hoping they would be a little better than they where lol
The frustration is because I am just very hard on myself .
I'll be doing plenty of practise though over the next two weeks before day four, so hopefully I'll see some kind of improvement - even a minor improvement will be a step in the right direction .
So glad we got the DVD with our kit so I have something I can watch whenever I want to x

Latest posts

Back