Bad mouthed on Facebook mobile advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairodog

Reaction score
Hi mobile geeks
Before I go jumping in feet first is really like some other mobile hairdressers advice
I have recently been ill and had to cancel a few clients ..
My son has also been having tests done for autistic spectrum disorder .
While I was ill I had a long time to think and decided to cut my hours down to spend more time with my son .
I messaged a client last Wednesday who was booked in for this sat explained fully why I was having to cancel in a really professional manner explaining everything regarding my son
I had no reply
This morning I have woke up to a complete linch mob on Facebook against me mainly by this lady then a few other clients who I had to rearrange or cancel due to my sons assessments
This has really upset me and me want to pack work in altogether now !
How would you handle the situation ??
Thanks in advance

What have they written on there? If it was me I would write a little message on there explaining that you are sorry and explain about your son. So at least other people will read that and then understand your point of view and think less of these horrible people. Can you not delete the comments? X

Thanks for your reply
The main lady has wrote that I let her down at the last minute and that she can't get in anywhere else at such short notice .. Which is a complete lie !!
She has posted on a local group page were I advertise .. All of my clients know about my son as I tell them
Immediately there could be a chance I may have to rearrange due to appointments iv been honest the whole way through about it ... I have sent a message to the admin team of the group asking for there help but no response as yet :-(

It's extremely annoying to be messed about or canceled by a hairdresser your comfortable with, who knows your hair, especially if you have booked in ready for a special occasion. I personally would not stand for this & would move on due to your unreliability.
However if they are aware of the situation you have & chose to continue with you fully aware, to then go bad mouthing you is just extremely unkind. I really would reply to the comments so people can see your situation & have some understanding rather than judging.
Don't give up if it's something your passionate about and love doing, but maybe rethink the clients you take on.
Hope you manage to get your side across. People who exaggerate, lie & bad mouth are not the kind of clients you want.
Take care

I wouldn't worry about them, they are not the type of clients you want! If they try to book in with you again I would tell them to jog on! (Lol) x

I don't really want to have to air my personal family business on Facebook like I said I have told my clients from the start about my son and I haven't cancelled this client at the last minute And can prove that to the admin group
Just because I have a disabled child why should I stop work ... And if they cancelled on me for there child been ill I would be totally sympathetic not slag them off on Facebook !!

Always, always, always CALL your client and explain in person. Keep calling until you speak to them in person.

A message/text/email/PM can get lost,not seen and truthfully the woman may have only seen your message at short notice.

I can see both sides, but try not to let it get you down. Learn from this, and make sure you always have full contact details of all your clients in the future, so you can tell them personally if you need to cancel.

Some people have no compassion at all. An overreaction. If it was the other way around, you would be sympathatic.

I would post a mini statement of as to why you are unable to work due to appointments doctors etc, being a hughly stressfull time for your family and due to your sons condition. I would make them feel SO BAD that they would even question you on timeframe and appointments. I would also make a thank you for the heartfelt messages of support that understand as to why i am having to rearrange people.

Arrrgh! stupid people out there, protect your buisness image dont get into any nasties! xoxo

Kayapappa I have all my clients info and have proof of my conversations with this lady and luckily my messages show when they are read so like I say I can prove I haven't let her down at the last minute .

Some people have no compassion at all. An overreaction. If it was the other way around, you would be sympathatic.

I would post a mini statement of as to why you are unable to work due to appointments doctors etc, being a hughly stressfull time for your family and due to your sons condition. I would make them feel SO BAD that they would even question you on timeframe and appointments. I would also make a thank you for the heartfelt messages of support that understand as to why i am having to rearrange people.

Arrrgh! stupid people out there, protect your buisness image dont get into any nasties! xoxo

Thankyou wonder woman I'm so glad it's not just me that feels I haven't done anything wrong .. I have lots of lovely clients who fully understand but this one particular lady obviously can't and feels she has to set a vendetta out on me
Thankfully due to me cutting my hours I'm not taking on any new clients and my other clients who may see the post know my situation
Just goes to show that poeple are quick to bad mouth without putting the full story across
I don't want clients like that at all
Thanks for your lovely message xxx

I agree you should have tried calling first before a message, a message seems very impersonal and avoiding the chance to hear their disappointment. However you are right if you feel you need to reduce your hours for personal and family reasons then this is justified, maybe you could have kept this one and advised her that in future Saturdays would no longer be a day of working for you? Unless you or your son had a hospital/doctor appointment then obviously this is different.

Family always come first in my eyes however professionalism needs to be kept at all times too :) I understand her disappointment but not her slander :(

I personally would comment. Not nasty, but something simple like 'I would appreciate this post being removed as this falls under slander. I apologise if there was a misunderstanding, I am still working just at reduced hours which we could go through should you wish too, just whilst my sons health is in question and he needs me at this moment in time as much as I can be with him. I hope everyone reading this understand that I do not cancel for no reason at short notice and am extremely saddened by this.

That would be it. And then I wouldn't respond to any back talk of goading. Just if someone wishes to book by anychance message them privately.

This happened to me except I didn't want to do the clients hair again as I felt she was very rude on my first visit. She was very personal with the things she said, talked about my weight and women with tattoos (I have 3).
I text her 3 weeks before her appointment and I did lie, I said I wasn't mobile anymore, didn't want the confrontation of telling her the truth.
Anyway, anytime I advertised on the fb page or anytime anyone recommended me she would go on and on about how I'm a liar, then started saying I ruined her hair, spilt colour all over her table etc. Lots of my clients were backing me up but it was still awful. All I can say is in time she will drop it. In the end I told her if she wrote one more bad thing about me I would get the police involved....in was 8 months after fgs!!!
I also spoke to the admin of the site and they banned her. Chin up it will get better xx

I also added to her comments, telling all how awful she had been with me, basically explaining why I didn't want to do her hair again xx

Id have replied... I am sorry I had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, but my son & his needs come first. Thank you for your understanding.

Xx

I'm just in the middle of speaking to admin but it's looking like they don't want to get involved one of my clients has posted and really stuck up for me so I'm just going to leave it
I will however tell all my fellow
Buisness friends and all you geeks to be very careful with regards to advertising in Facebook
And you know what I'm glad I sent her a message I have the proof ..a phone call is more personal yes but it can't be proven
Thanks for all your help geeks xxxx

Family particularly children always come first! If a client doesn't understand that then they're not the kind of client you want to keep anyway! Good luck with the future xxx

Oh you poor woman :( As if you haven't got enough in your plate without some selfish cow adding to it! of course your son must come first and normal, decent people would expect this. Has she got kids? Wouldn't she put hers first? For goodness sake it's a bloody haircut, not life saving surgery you've cancelled!

I would put a nicely worded message on your page saying something like owing to family and health circumstances, you are for the time being, having to cut down your working hours. You are grateful for the support of your loyal clientele.

She is obviously a selfish person and I wouldn't do her hair ever again for her!

Really hope your sons hospital appointments go ok for you xx

Family particularly children always come first! If a client doesn't understand that then they're not the kind of client you want to keep anyway! Good luck with the future xxx

Thankyou very much my thoughts exactly xxx

Oh you poor woman :( As if you haven't got enough in your plate without some selfish cow adding to it! of course your son must come first and normal, decent people would expect this. Has she got kids? Wouldn't she put hers first? For goodness sake it's a bloody haircut, not life saving surgery you've cancelled!

I would put a nicely worded message on your page saying something like owing to family and health circumstances, you are for the time being, having to cut down your working hours. You are grateful for the support of your loyal clientele.

She is obviously a selfish person and I wouldn't do her hair ever again for her!

Really hope your sons hospital appointments go ok for you xx

Thankyou so much for your lovely comment I'm going to take your advice and post that comment on my page but not for a few days I don't want that horrible
Woman thinking she's got a reaction from her actions
Yes she has got children
I have found a lot of people are very ignorant towards kids with autism well I won't put up with it at all and I'm sure if it was her children neither would she !
Thankyou I'm feeling a lot better now xxx

Bless you, I know exactly how you feel as i've had pretty much the same thing to me!

When I used to do hair mobile, I had to cancel a friends daughters hair appointment as my 15 month daughter was taken into hospital in the middle of the night.

The abuse I got was unreal, she slagged me off all over fb and to mutual friends. All because she was going out on the Saturday night (I cancelled on the Tuesday morning for the wednesday)

Best bit was....she was the receptionist on the children's ward my daughter was on so she knew just how poorly she was, took all my restraint not to throttle her :D

I chalked it up to experience and knew that my children will always come first, she needed me more than some petulant 20 year old who was throwing her toys out of the pram. As you said, if it was the other way round you'd be sympathetic and understanding. I'd never hold it against my hairdresser if she had to cancel or rearrange an appointment because her child was ill.

Latest posts

Back