Bargains at car boots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
I went to a Carboot today and bought a moyou stamping kit for £1, a new waxing bed protector £1, packs of salon system lashes 50p per pack, loads of decleor and clarins travel sized products 50p each and loads of new body shop body butters and products for £8!! I absolutely love carboots what bargin finds has anybody else found??

I find car boot sales near me really depressing these days!

Lots and lots of rubbish people want too much money for, and too many dealers buying who know what IS worth money.

Um...so nothing exciting recently...I do like picking up freezer-oven-table casserole type dishes for 50p, when I'm on a cooking and freezing lots of meals at once they come in handy, and they're expensive new.

Are you yawning? ;-)

Oh gosh I love a car boot. I got my shellac/gelish carry case from a car boot. I'm sure that I have listed stuff on here before on another thread. I also find then really funny for people watching. At our local one they sound a horn to tell the buyers they can go down to the cars and you always get the odd man with a rucksack on running as though he is in the Olympics. Me and this older couple couldn't stop laughing last time. X

There's one near me in manchester and it's huge and always has loads if high street branded clothes which I pick up cheap and sell on eBay! Pays for my holidays anyway :)

I'm the kind of person who walks up to a a stall to find a really good bargain just being sold to the person in front... I'm never lucky with stuff like this :(

The carboots near me are full of people selling fake designer bags and bicycle wheels. Oh and car hubcaps.

I don't usually go to car boots but do one once a year with my daughter so she can clear out all her junk. She does quite well.

However, I was early for something once and had to waste a bit of time so popped into the local church fair next door to where I had to be and picked up a brand new babyliss foot spa for £2.00. Bargain!

My neighbour regularly attends them with her children so I normally give my bit and bobs to them to sell and let the kids keep the money for their holidays etc.

I rarely go to ones myself and if I do it is mainly for books or pieces of furniture I can get restored, however the ones near me are mainly junk.

I would be very wary of buying any comestics or branded goods at carboot sales as I would be worried about fakes. I think I watch too many of those programmes about fake goods etc I am parnoid. :)

Last edited:
I used to be dragged to one car boot after another when my dad used to see me. I remember once, and I know this is sad but it was a personal victory at the time lol. I lost my tekken 3 game (it was accidentally thrown out) and 2 days later my dad asked if I was looking for anything that day, I told him and low and behold the first boot we went too, I found the game! And for 20p!! I was so pleased with myself haha.
The other was a nice, brand new, in the box 6ft fibre optic tree (they were newly all the rage) and I got it for.. £2.50!

I just seem to come back with tonnes of products and candles I already have big draws full but I can't stop myself!!

I don't go to Carboot sales but I had a bargain on ebay a £295 handbag still in the shops and I won it for £1.20
I thought the lady might not send it but she did, I was so pleased :)

I don't go to Carboot sales but I had a bargain on ebay a £295 handbag still in the shops and I won it for £1.20
I thought the lady might not send it but she did, I was so pleased :)

You have to be careful on eBay as there are so many fakes but what a bargin if it's genuine!

Love a carboot - picked up a full Sienna X tanning system including gun, tent, solutions, manuals, disposable pants. Nets and sticky feet, barrier cream, badges, promo material etc for £10 !!!!

Love a carboot - picked up a full Sienna X tanning system including gun, tent, solutions, manuals, disposable pants. Nets and sticky feet, barrier cream, badges, promo material etc for £10 !!!!

What carboots do you go to?! :o

Lol Bursledon near Southampton.

Wow that's a brilliant find I bet you was pleased with that!

Latest posts

Back