Barrier cream in spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi I've just changed my tan solution to Beau Bronz, which is great however when you spray it is so hard to see the solution as there isn't as much tan coming out as the previous ones I've used. However the tan is fantastic and I don't have one bad bit.

I tanned my friend last night and she has tanned heels, and a stripe under her foot, I may have sprayed too far down the heel and as for the foot I'm not sure what happened, only she must have stood on some solution when I was spraying.

As I say I cannot see exactly where I am spraying unlike my previous tan.

I've never had anyone ring to say they've got tanned heels, and so just wondered what barrier cream I should use.

Would vaseline be OK?

I'm nervous now! Have a tan tomorrow so need to be prepared.

Please help!xx thanks v much

Could have been she had especially dry heels. This can be a problem area. I would just apply a light moisturiser to this area next time and for anyone with dry "bits" anywhere. Dry areas always "grab" solution and take on a much darker colour than other areas.
Liz

Great tip to avoid tanned heels and lines down the side of the feet - when you have finished spraying, take your piece of couchroll or towelling mitt and wipe it firmly down the back of each heel and along each side of the feet to ensure a good blend area, do this with the wrists and sides of the hands and you should never have to worry about cuff marks or darkened heels.

With correct application you should not ever have to worry about barrier cream - although if you feel it helps, then why not - Vaseline is a good one and as Liz has said moisturiser in drier areas can also be a great help to prevent over darkening of the skin as dry skin tends to absorb more solution than the rest of the body.

Mandy x

thanks all xxxx:):):)

Could have been she had especially dry heels. This can be a problem area. I would just apply a light moisturiser to this area next time and for anyone with dry "bits" anywhere. Dry areas always "grab" solution and take on a much darker colour than other areas.
Liz
hi could u apply moisturiser to hands and feet to prevent hands & feet getting over sprayed :irked: as im getting tanned palms and overspray mostly on the hands area and thats me using barrier cream,but im looking to maybe change it or try something else ,soz to jump in :irked:

Latest posts

Back