Beards and Facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
I have a client who comes to me for regular facial waxing on his upper cheeks and brows. This client has a full on beard and has asked if I can do him a facial this week.

For those skin geeks, can anyone give me any tips on performing a basic facial with a full beard please.

For a basic facial I would normally offer a cleanse, deep cleanse, tone, exfoliation, mask, tone and then moisturiser.

Would I just do the upper face and lower neck or do I just work over the beard area too?

This is the first time I have had a client with a beard for a facial so I am a little stumped on the way forward.

Thanks in anticipation. :hug:

mmm this got me thinking! It is tricky but I would probably do everthing as normal but would probably use a facial wash instead of cleanser and would remove with hot mitts.

I would exfoliate all over though and again use hot mitts to remove maybe a double removal. With the mask do just as you have said on the skin exposed on the upper face and neck.

hth

mmm this got me thinking! It is tricky but I would probably do everthing as normal but would probably use a facial wash instead of cleanser and would remove with hot mitts.

I would exfoliate all over though and again use hot mitts to remove maybe a double removal. With the mask do just as you have said on the skin exposed on the upper face and neck.

hth

Thank you for your post, your idea sounds good to me so I will give this a try. :hug:

I'm sure it's been ages since this thread but I think with a full beard u can use two layers of gauze then apply a mask all over the face Inc the bearded area. Then the mask doesn't get stuck in the hair. I have no idea how ud massage the area tho!! I'd love to know tho out of curiosity, iv never had a bearded client but if the time ever came about id he prepared
lol xx

in the spa we used to do a lot of men facials
thing is that for them its feels fine, its for us that the cotton wool, cloth may get stuck, when massaging the beard try to massage the skin not the beard if that makes sense, if the hair is coarse then for you as the therapist i try to use downward movements so as not to keep brushing my skin up against the hair
hope this makes sense.......

Cleanse with a facial wash/gel cleanser. Don't use a clay masque, as previous poster said use gauze or a gel masque that doesn't set. Men love hot towels. Do more massage on shoulders to compensate for the lack of it on beard area.

Or you could just tell him too shave it off. Would be easier:)

How about when doing your cleanse using a facial brush as well and then as said removing with hot mitts. I have done men with 'designer' stubble but never full beard. However my son has one so may try it on him, good luck.

Latest posts

Back