Beauty | Look Good...Feel Better UK Needs You!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I posted about the American trend of setting up beauty treatments in hospitals and the positive effects that this has on patients. The response was simply, enormous. Across all the media sites, you geeks came out in force to say that you would want to be involved.

Well, here's how. I have been in touch with Look Good...Feel Better (UK) and unsurprisingly, they'd love to hear from you. This is an amazing charity set up by the Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Association (CTPA) and has the support of over 40 leading companies and brands in the beauty industry. I could go on, but honestly, it's better if you check out their website HERE and see for yourself.

Salon Geek is very excited about this project and (hopefully!) in the not too distant future will be meeting up with Look Good...Feel Better and who knows? We'd love to help out in any way that we can. In the meantime geeks, go forth and help people look good and feel better.

All contact information is on the site but just incase you're on the hoof and want to get involved right now, straight away, this very second then call 01372 747 500 or email [email protected]

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• LookGoodFeelBetterLogo.jpg
    LookGoodFeelBetterLogo.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 378
This is so cool!! Well done =]

This is awesome. Xxx

Thanks for finding this out for us! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My sister has just died of breast cancer and she had me to do her nails (when I could) but she really appreciated the hairdresser she could visit at the hospital. She didn't lose her hair but it was very delicate and she was confident with her as she was used to the common problems. It made a big difference to her.

A few years ago, I gave them some time and took part in the creation of a DVD that gave lots of info and tips for hair, make up, scarf tying and nails. It was a great project and available to all cancer patients.

It's a fantastic thing to do, give your time. A word of advice though, be confident you are able to deal with all sorts of nail, hair and skin problems. You don't want to make difficult conditions even the tiniest bit worse.

If you have the time, go volunteer!!

Yes please do volunteer, I have been a volunteer with them.
It's a fantastic charity and they always need more help.
X

I volunteer with them in Belfast and put a plea on my facebook for any of my industry friends to volunteer as we are struggling over here. Subsequently 7 people have contacted them to volunteer! 😃
It's such a worthwhile and rewarding thing to do so geeks please get involved! X

Would love to do something like this as I have lost lots of friends and family to breast cancer but there's no workshops in my area :(

I've just got my date through in February for my volunteer session at Western Park in Sheffield-I can't think of a more rewarding days work.:hug:

Well done to everyone involved - it's such a great thing to do.

Just called and signed up for this at Countess Of Chester hospital. I presumed it would be your specific field that you volunteer in (for me nails) but the very lovely lady informed me at the Countess its normally a workshop of 12 ladies, and you do make up and beauty tutorials. Quite basic, ie cleanse tone moisturise etc. I'm really glad I'm going to be able to use my Beauty Therapy NVQ for something as to be honest, it just been neglected since I qualified last year. Can't recommend going for this highly enough, also, I was looking for a local hospital in Wales that did it, but there aren't any, so I just browsed through all of the areas and found the Countess which is only 20 mins away over the border in Cheshire xxx

Latest posts

Back