Beauty show North - Your Thoughts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went yesterday and ended up spending a fortune :eek: So much for saving the pennies for the Event!

I had booked to see the Greg Salo seminar as I wanted to see an e-file at work in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing and ended up being his model :) I have ummd and arrrd for ages over whether to train with an e-file but wasn't sure as I had no experience with them. It felt really comfortable so I decided to go for it and bought a machine and booked the course during the show. I'd like to think I can have the best of both worlds - the finesse of good application techniques together with the hand file and the e-file for major donkey work like colourchanges.

I only have one complaint - I couldn't go on Sunday so missed meeting all the lovely geeks. I did accidentally meet Cec and someone else who I can't remember her username (sorry) but it would have been nice to have had a really good chat :cry:

Cheers,
Hazel

Hazel

How lucky are you being the model if only if only :lol:

I enjoyed it (when I eventually found my way around the one-way streets and diversions, to a car park that wasn't full!)

Spent most of my time (and money) on the EzFlow stand. I felt so inspired that when I got home I soaked off the nails I had on...which i only did on saturday...to put on a set of tiger stripe tips using some of the colours from Earthstones Collection.

I even bumped into a few people who i'd been on recent courses with, so it was nice to catch up.

Ooooooh..... this is where I spent most of my time and money too!! Probably stood side by side. Come on then... let's have a look at your tiger stripes? :)

Well from what I have seen I'm hoping this is the beginning of a return to shows being worthwhile exhibiting at as well as visiting.

Yes on Sunday it wasn't overly busy however from an exhibitors perspective those that came were certainly quality trade customers.

The Monday..well loads and loads of students who filled the isles...it was good to see them all in uniform and this most certainly made the event much more professional than seeing the usual dress code.

Meeting so many new and long established friends was awesome and in particular meeting for the very first time some wonderful geeks...what a diverse bunch of folk we are :hug:

All in all...well give it a few more events like this with the new culture being adopted by the organisers and hopefully we will get to the point where these shows are how they once used to be....awsome.

Good to meet those that I did so and wished there was more time to chat away and get to know you better :hug:

I have been so busy catching up with my clients and college studies this week but I had such a fab time at PBN. I competed on the Sunday morning and then spent the afternoon finishing off photo comp entry. Came 2nd in the L&P tip & overlay category so chuffed with that. (Pics in my album.) Myself, Cec and Louise had fun at the comps. Well done Louise for taking that step into the comp arena - you are sure to take that podium by storm soon. Well done Cec on your fab win - way to go girl!

Had a great time browsing the show on the Monday. It was great to catch up with my geeky mates Lyndsay & Theresa and dine with Cec. I bought loads of stuff, including a massage machine. I left my case at the comp area and forgot I only had two arms to carry everything. I enjoyed watching Sam and Anthony do their majic. I also enjoyed chatting and watching the Canadian lady at the Entity stand (at Excel I found she was spending more time trying to sell everything she picked up rather than get on with the demo) and enjoyed watching her work this time. Saw Scratchers and Emma working hard at the United Beauty stand and I am sure they will sure do great things for the brand. Stopped by the NSI stand too and had a chat with some of the ladies there. I love getting my nail art bits and bobs from NSI and Young Nails. Again I missed seeing Creative there, especially as I won't be going to the Event.:cry: The highlight of the weekend for me was my visit to the Berins/Wow Factor Stand and chatting to all my friendly geeks and meeting Collin and Lori. I use Hive at college but will be getting my order in soon for some Berins. Lori was brilliant to watch, informative and fun too.

It was my first time to PBN but certainly not my last. I loved Manchester too - it had a real buzz about it and great shops.

Last edited:
I also had a great time there and as it was my first show I had nothing to compare it too. Personally I think the show was lightened by at least 50 pounds of hair by the end of Monday. I have never seen so many hairy legs and arms! Was great fun meeting everyone that I have been sharing posts and comments with and I am looking forward to London '09.

Looking forward to the next exhibition. Hopefully they will bring them further up North for us Scots. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I know what you mean, couldn't believe it one show in Edinburgh and they picked my wedding day :lol:.

Won't be another one until my 1st wedding anniversary:rolleyes:

I had a fabulous day at the show - my first one. They had to throw me out at 6! I could have spent £100's, there was so much to see. Met some of you geeks and won a book at the Geek seminar, so well pleased with that!

I learned loads watching all the nail demos during the day, the nails were fantastic.

Must admit the pushchairs did get on my nerves a bit and it was absolutely packed on the Sunday i went.

Wish I could have stayed for the Monday too and can't wait for the next show.

I had a fabulous day at the show - my first one. They had to throw me out at 6! I could have spent £100's, there was so much to see. Met some of you geeks and won a book at the Geek seminar, so well pleased with that!

I learned loads watching all the nail demos during the day, the nails were fantastic.

Must admit the pushchairs did get on my nerves a bit and it was absolutely packed on the Sunday i went.

Wish I could have stayed for the Monday too and can't wait for the next show.

Glad you enjoyed your first show experience suesplash and welcome to the salon geek.

I didnt get to the geek meet until half way through so must have missed your prize giving, well done - what was your book? Did you buy much at the show then?

As regards the pushchairs - in comparison to previous shows this was the least number of pushchairs I have seen for a while.

This was the quietest day of the show and quieter than hit had been in the past, if you had been there on the Monday or had been there for previous shows then you would definitely agree that the Sunday was quiet.

I couldn't go this year as had acute tonsilitus, was sooooooo poorly. Gutted I missed it as gone for the past few years but just ordered what I needed over the phone. Have to say though wasn't as excited about going this year as last years show wasn't as good as it has been, so wasn't expecting anything spectacular unfortunately! :( Didn't stay that long last year just got what I needed had a quick look round & left.

Thought pushchairs/children weren't allowed? Always leave my two boys at home with a family member!!

Latest posts

Back