BeautyUK @ NEC - Missing Exhibitors ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingbeauty

Reaction score
I went to the NEC (National Exhibition Centre Birmingham) today all excited as I was hoping to see CND amongst other exhibitioners, but CND just wasnt there. WHY oh Why ?? This has bugged me no end. Is Birmingham just not a big enough Venue & simply not good enough ?

I really wanted to invest in CND Shellac and before I did that I wanted to give their lamp a good looking over because I wanted to see for myself that it would also work with Bio Sculpture (curing all 5 fingers /thumbs at the same time).

Bio Sculpture are never there either & I would really love to simply know why??

Did anyone else go today? Did any of you find any interesting gems that I may have missed ?

It is a simple reason and easy to check before the show who is going to be there.

The Organizers simply do not get the numbers through the doors to justify the expense of our booth and staff etc.

S2 do 3-4 shows a year which is ample. It is also a train ride away to go and visit the head office location to see and experience ALL! I am there next Monday all day doing 2 seminars ... You and all are welcome. 10 minutes taxi ride from the train station! Free no tickets required just show up for 10am or 2pm. Bring your copy of nailclass if you want me to sign it for you.

You never need to be missing out if you seriously want to meet with those who can help. I'm so sorry you were disappointed, but we have always said we do not do Birmingham.

Last edited:
It is a simple reason and easy to check before the show who is going to be there.

They simply do not get the numbers through the doors to justify the expense of our booth and staff etc.

S2 do 3-4 shows a year which is ample. It is also a train ride away to go and visit the head office location to see and experience ALL! I am there next Monday all day doing 2 seminars ... You and all are welcome. 10 minutes taxi ride from the train station!

You never need to be missing out if you seriously want to meet with those who can help. I'm so sorry you were disappointed, but we have always said we do not do Birmingham.

Ahh it tried to look on the sweet squared website for open days for CND Couldn't find anything :(

Ahh it tried to look on the sweet squared website for open days for CND Couldn't find anything :(
Everything is on twitter and Facebook pages for S2 ... Every day is an open day but I'm not there very often so if you want up to date info then follow S2 on twitter or their FB page. :Love:

I went to the NEC (National Exhibition Centre Birmingham) today all excited as I was hoping to see CND amongst other exhibitioners, but CND just wasnt there. WHY oh Why ?? This has bugged me no end. Is Birmingham just not a big enough Venue & simply not good enough ?

I really wanted to invest in CND Shellac and before I did that I wanted to give their lamp a good looking over because I wanted to see for myself that it would also work with Bio Sculpture (curing all 5 fingers /thumbs at the same time).

Bio Sculpture are never there either & I would really love to simply know why??

Did anyone else go today? Did any of you find any interesting gems that I may have missed ?

Sleepingbeauty, I understand why you would want and need to look at the CND lamp with your own eyes but it DOES cure BioSculpture and it is superior in every single way to the Bio Sculpture lamp!!!!

You will not be disappointed.

I wish Bio Sculpture Gel was owned by CND then I would be completely happy! :eek:

xx

Everything is on twitter and Facebook pages for S2 ... Every day is an open day but I'm not there very often so if you want up to date info then follow S2 on twitter or their FB page. :Love:

Oh I never thought about it being on twitter.. Silly me! Thank you x

CND did not show at Edinburgh in March I was hugely disappointed! Surely a market leader could afford expense of stand if less well known brands showcase:sad:

much to my regret I invested in OPI gel nail system which was way more expensive , I bought into it believing polish is great brand I use , however I am bitterly disappointed and am now left with a full system I simply have no confidence in. Added 3 more polishes lasr week which cost 30 each and no matter what I do shrinking, I know I have went of track sorry but my point is CND was my first choice and I wanted a demo not to invest a lot of money without seeing before buying so personally they in my opinion should be at an Industry Beauty show less well known brands showcase at .

And I'm not 10 mins away from Birmingham Sadly .

I thought it was all brows at the nec. I did manage to get a matt top coat lol and a free gift will my scratch subscription and I always enjoy a day out lol xxx

CND did not show at Edinburgh in March I was hugely disappointed! Surely a market leader could afford expense of stand if less well known brands showcase:sad:

much to my regret I invested in OPI gel nail system which was way more expensive , I bought into it believing polish is great brand I use , however I am bitterly disappointed and am now left with a full system I simply have no confidence in. Added 3 more polishes lasr week which cost 30 each and no matter what I do shrinking, I know I have went of track sorry but my point is CND was my first choice and I wanted a demo not to invest a lot of money without seeing before buying so personally they in my opinion should be at an Industry Beauty show less well known brands showcase at .

Hmm, could you sell the whole system and re-invest in CND?

Probably easier said than done eh :hug:

xx

I must say I agree. I struggled to decide between Shellac and OPI and opted for OPI as I already love them, had training with them etc and thought it looked great. I don't get shrinkage (i have to go back over all 5 nails to re-cap just before popping under the light) but i stuggle to get even coverage. I am tempted to swap systems if i can make enough money from my OPI kit :( really really gutted.

Hi Jaquelinana

Yes that's what I'm going to do sell hopefully was goin to put on Geekbay but closed .

I'm very god at normal polish take great pride in my application as that is what clients pay for watch all fingernail fixor tutorial so feel support for CND greater I just wish I had joined SG before my purchase.

Never mind u learn at least I have this site one for doing research before buying x

I'm going to Beauty UK tomorrow, after running a training course today I need a quite day. I have very low expectations of the Birmingham show - out of all the shows in the UK it is the one I like the least.

Still, I need to catch up with my fave skin care guys and girls on Eve Taylor!

Hi I'm a newbie it's my first trip to beauty uk tomoz I dont no what to expect really but I'm so excited

Hear hear I totally agree with you :Love:

Hey Lauz012

You will have a fabulous time it's very exciting although all nails tans and lashes Lol, but make a note of what u want to see some great deals I got my Sienna kit and training and saved massively.

Have a great day ps go early xxx

CND were there :biggrin: but not at the SHOW because they are only 5 minutes away from the show and were running a limo back and forth all day from the show to their own show ... They provided breakfast and lunch and tea and demoed all day from 9 til stupid o'clock. All that info was here on the site as well as available from Fingertips by phone or on their Facebook page. So much better than the show. They do it every year and it is a fantastic day and they will return you to the show when you are done. :biggrin: they also hold frequent open days and on some Sundays too .. All announced on FB. You can go along there any time and they will give you a demo. Ring first and arrange it! They are wonderful people. 01313333180

As far as geekbay is concerned, what is needed is honesty. Sadly there were geeks who ... Weren't

The GUILD website has a for sale area to pros only ... Check it out.

Last edited:
I was disappointed because I wanted to see Roo but they pulled out. I still went home and ordered my trolley though haha 😄 x

They simply do not get the numbers through the doors to justify the expense of our booth and staff etc.

S2 do 3-4 shows a year which is ample. It is also a train ride away to go and visit the head office location to see and experience ALL! I am there next Monday all day doing 2 seminars ... You and all are welcome. 10 minutes taxi ride from the train station! Free no tickets required just show up for 10am or 2pm. Bring your copy of nailclass if you want me to sign it for you.

hi geeg, so you are at CND london next monday?xx

hi geeg, so you are at CND london next monday?xx

No I am at Sweet Squared Head Office in Leeds all day on the 21st. :D Call S2 for any details. 08452106060

No I am at Sweet Squared Head Office in Leeds all day on the 21st. :D Call S2 for any details. 08452106060

thanks, will you be in London centre any time soon?xx

Latest posts

Back