before & after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone explain what tip and dip is, please? :hug:

its when you apply resin and then dip the nail into acrylic powder....

yes there is to your question....maybe i should do a refreshers with tip&dip cus i don't seem to be geting it right :cry:

neah it doesnt...it just means more practise :hug: try double dipping in zone 2 and 1 like i said...xx

neah it doesnt...it just means more practise :hug: try double dipping in zone 2 and 1 like i said...xx

ok,i will..thank you x

just wanted to say, i hope i didnt make you feel like these nails were rubbish, as they are most definately not far ,from it, but you put them in the critique section, so thats what ive hopefully given, lol

i dont want you to feel like poo i want you to feel like you know where there are a few problems that can be tweaked , and look forward to seeing more pics from you
go girl xxx

omg,hearing what you guys have said i now feel embarrassed of her wearing them on holiday...oh well, keep at it is all i can do eh! x

just wanted to say, i hope i didnt make you feel like these nails were rubbish, as they are most definately not far ,from it, but you put them in the critique section, so thats what ive hopefully given, lol

i dont want you to feel like poo i want you to feel like you know where there are a few problems that can be tweaked , and look forward to seeing more pics from you
go girl xxx

thank you,thats nice of you to say :hug: i do feel abit :mad: with myself because i should be better by now....but i still got along way to go,i kno that x

omg,hearing what you guys have said i now feel embarrassed of her wearing them on holiday...oh well, keep at it is all i can do eh! x

Sarah - what is there for you to be embarrassed about? They are a good set of nails. The idea of a critique is for us to tell you where you could improve and that is what you asked for. What would be the point of a critique if we didnt give you any constructive feedback.

Please have confidence in your work as the nails are fine.

dont be so hard on yourself.these are a great set of nails and you should be proud that you have come this far already.i have been a nail tech for a few years now so even though i am qualified i dont know what i would do without this site as i have learned so much from everyone as im sure you will aswell.
my work is far from perfect (if theres any such thing)theres so many things i could do to improve it and i will with practice.
so even once your qualified you will never stop learning and picking up things e.g tricks of the trade.
you have made an excellent start so you should be proud of yourself.xx

Sarah - what is there for you to be embarrassed about? They are a good set of nails. The idea of a critique is for us to tell you where you could improve and that is what you asked for. What would be the point of a critique if we didnt give you any constructive feedback.

Please have confidence in your work as the nails are fine.
ok..i am sorry:rolleyes:
i have only posted two pics so never had top nail techicians give me their opinions
but i will try not to be so sensitive...tis my down side! thank you i will try to have more confidence in my work. xxxx

dont be so hard on yourself.these are a great set of nails and you should be proud that you have come this far already.i have been a nail tech for a few years now so even though i am qualified i dont know what i would do without this site as i have learned so much from everyone as im sure you will aswell.
my work is far from perfect (if theres any such thing)theres so many things i could do to improve it and i will with practice.
so even once your qualified you will never stop learning and picking up things e.g tricks of the trade.
you have made an excellent start so you should be proud of yourself.xx

you and your kind words....:cry: thanks tracey:hug:
i will keep at it,because one day (soon,i hope)i want to work in a nail salon....but till then i need more training more practise and to get my time down...thanks again,your kind words mean alot xxx

ok..i am sorry:rolleyes:
i have only posted two pics so never had top nail techicians give me their opinions
but i will try not to be so sensitive...tis my down side! thank you i will try to have more confidence in my work. xxxx

Sarah firstly Well done for posting your pics :) The only way we ever get better is by taking onboard what we are advised to do to improve our work I can assure you that nobody here would ever try to upset you with their comments but the things that they point out will be the things that make us sit up and think Yes I could improve the overall look by doing a,b or c to the set.
I think it takes a strong person who is willing to let others see and point out the faults in their work and they deserve a pat on the back for this.:hug:

Looking forward to seeing more of your work xxxxx

I agree with Lell....don't see this as a negative thing. Its very positive indeed.

When i first posted my pic i hid behind the computer for ages not daring to look at the replies...:lol:.but i was so glad that i did cos i found the advise given was amazing.

We all need feedback now and then, this can be a lonely job sometimes and clients are great but dont look with a trained eye....thats why this site is so brill...we are your work collegues..:hug:

thank you to you all for your positve comments,i shall deffinetely post pics again,as by doing so i can improve by work as you all give honest replys,thank you bagpuss and lellipop for what you both said:hug:

I agree with everyone chicken, dont be sad, sometimes you just need thar extra pair of eyes! I sometimes look at my nails and think "they just don't look right" but I can't always figure out why!

ok guys, i just done this nail this morning.i have done what you said to do bagpuss dip once over whole nail then twice in zones one and two...hope it is better:lol: let me know what you think(i can take it this time!)LOL X PIC 1.

DSCF0312.jpg
NE.

i think they are lovely hun , yes they might not be perfect but they arnt something outta a horror film (i have done plenty of them:lol: )
well done xxxx

i think they are lovely hun , yes they might not be perfect but they arnt something outta a horror film (i have done plenty of them:lol: )
well done xxxx
tehe :lol: thanks dee, are the second ones any better tho? xxx

I think you can tell from the profile pic that they do dip down a little towards zone 3, is there anyway you can move the product once it's on? but well done! they are looking nice xx

I think you can tell from the profile pic that they do dip down a little towards zone 3, is there anyway you can move the product once it's on? but well done! they are looking nice xx

yes i see what you mean about the dip...once dipped all 10 i brush of the excess...can't move the poduct once nail been dipped,maybe i am not dipping enough into the acrylic when i dip whole nail.... x

Latest posts

Back