before & after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
nails.jpg
hello,
this is my second time of posting pics,so please be nice to me:lol:
these are tip&dip with white tips,i did them today,i know the shape is not that good...any feed back would be great. xxx

DSCF0288.jpg

They look good to me hun, well done!

Loving the heart too how cute!!!

They look good to me hun, well done!

Loving the heart too how cute!!!

thank you :hug: yeah she wanted the hearts on for valentines day :lol:

What system do you use SL? I use backscratchers extreme powder glaze tip and dip.
When I do white tips I feel the need to blend them slighty at the edges around the nail wall so there is not such a step. I love doing the natural ones now but hated them when i was training :eek:
The one thing i could not do without is my puffer, i use this to blow off loose powder, I favour this to using a brush or taping the poor clients fingers.

You are brave putting your pics on here :hug: I wish i had the balls:irked:

lovely pics i will give ya a pat on the back :smack:

What system do you use SL? I use backscratchers extreme powder glaze tip and dip.
When I do white tips I feel the need to blend them slighty at the edges around the nail wall so there is not such a step. I love doing the natural ones now but hated them when i was training :eek:
The one thing i could not do without is my puffer, i use this to blow off loose powder, I favour this to using a brush or taping the poor clients fingers.

You are brave putting your pics on here :hug: I wish i had the balls:irked:

lovely pics i will give ya a pat on the back :smack:

arhhh cheers :o. i know what you are saying about the need of blending tho with the white tips.i ues star nails for everything..oh apart from (solar oil)love the stuff x how long does it take you to do a set of dips? they took me just under 2hours(with good prep) trying to get my time down.

Last edited:
if you can work with star you can work with anything (not my fave brand, but ok for learning) I'd like to see you try this with some natural tips :) xx

if you can work with star you can work with anything (not my fave brand, but ok for learning) I'd like to see you try this with some natural tips :) xx

i do use natural tips...what do you mean by that?:rolleyes: also again with star nails?? x

I mean that I prefer the look of natural tips that are painted white as opposed to white tips, sorry hun did I come across all wrong?
And I really dont like using star nails tips, just my opinion!

ok well done for posting
bravo!!

next
the white tips look too wide for the nail or you havent refined the sidewalls before product application,
im not up to speed on tip or dip,
but they look to me as if there is no product on the nail apart from white tips,
do you have a side view??

again good for you for posting, i love looking at pics xxx

yes....what she said lol

sorry if i came across all wrong chicken, I have been up for almost 20 hours and I think my brain has seized up xxx

I mean that I prefer the look of natural tips that are painted white as opposed to white tips, sorry hun did I come across all wrong?
And I really dont like using star nails tips, just my opinion!

no,i just misunderstood what you ment,thats all.. i have only used star nails tips and millennium.Just stuck to star nails as i find they work for me.

ok well done for posting
bravo!!

next
the white tips look too wide for the nail or you havent refined the sidewalls before product application,
im not up to speed on tip or dip,
but they look to me as if there is no product on the nail apart from white tips,
do you have a side view??

again good for you for posting, i love looking at pics xxx

there is product on the nail..maybe not enough then.omg:eek: i did not think they looked that bad:cry: no,not got any more pics....

i liked the colour of the millennium tips, they seem more of an off-white than a bright lights in ya face white!

anyway well done petal you're braver then me for posting piccies, can I just ask with this tippy dippy system how you build an apex or is it just kinda brushed on like varnish?

I have used tip and dip and i always did 2 dips ....first one over whole nail and tip and second over zone 2 and 1....so that the cuticle area (zone 3) is nice and thin...but there is strength in zone 2 and 1.

is there a ridge from the white tips when you feel and look from the side...??

no hun, they not bad but would just prefer to see another pic to see side view,
overall ive sen a lot worse, but because im notused to tip and dip systems, maybe im used to seeing more product on the nail

like i said before well done for posting ,
and maybe some other geeks with experience of tip and dip will be able to offer more to you
again well done xx

hi once again :lol:.i agree with noulady about the step thing as i feel that you can see a step where at the corner of the smile line on some of the nails.i think that if you took in the side walls abit it would help with this problem abit as some look abit wide.
i definately think you have improved though.the shape,length and the white all look consistent and once again the product is nice and flush at zone 3.
these look lovely and i really like the little hearts,they add a lovely touch.well done for being brave and posting again.xx

I have used tip and dip and i always did 2 dips ....first one over whole nail and tip and second over zone 2 and 1....so that the cuticle area (zone 3) is nice and thin...but there is strength in zone 2 and 1.

is there a ridge from the white tips when you feel and look from the side...??

yes there is to your question....maybe i should do a refreshers with tip&dip cus i don't seem to be geting it right :cry:

Well done - it does look like there is not enough product on zone 3, but without a side view it is difficult to see if there is the right apex placement. they could do with being a little slimmer and a little less white tip.

I have too worked with a tip and dip system and there is a limit as to what you can achieve with it so well done.

hi once again :lol:.i agree with noulady about the step thing as i feel that you can see a step where at the corner of the smile line on some of the nails.i think that if you took in the side walls abit it would help with this problem abit as some look abit wide.
i definately think you have improved though.the shape,length and the white all look consistent and once again the product is nice and flush at zone 3.
these look lovely and i really like the little hearts,they add a lovely touch.well done for being brave and posting again.xx

thank you so much tracey louise:hug: (i needed that) xxxxx :hug:

Could someone explain what tip and dip is, please? :hug:

Latest posts

Back