Being Mobile - An easier way ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was shown a fab set of plastic draws (by Minkus..Amber) from coop at about 15 pounds...it sits beside my nail table at home, and when i go mobile i just pick it up and put it on my back seat with a seat belt on...it has everything i need in apart from my Brisa Lamp which i put in a bag that i got from Designer Nails called the bucket bag. Then when i get home i just put the draws back in place and job done...no packing up and no unpacking...its brill ...thanks to Amber.

It isn't too heavy and as long as you hold it right i have had no problems with it...its white, five draws, plastic with little silver handles. I will try to take a pic and post on here for you to see.

xxxxx

NailStyle said:
I was shown a fab set of plastic draws (by Minkus..Amber) from coop at about 15 pounds...it sits beside my nail table at home, and when i go mobile i just pick it up and put it on my back seat with a seat belt on...it has everything i need in apart from my Brisa Lamp which i put in a bag that i got from Designer Nails called the bucket bag. Then when i get home i just put the draws back in place and job done...no packing up and no unpacking...its brill ...thanks to Amber.

It isn't too heavy and as long as you hold it right i have had no problems with it...its white, five draws, plastic with little silver handles. I will try to take a pic and post on here for you to see.

xxxxx
this sounds perfect Angie - can you give me some more details about it? just the sort of thing i,m looking for:)

NailStyle said:

xxxxx

If you could post a picture that would be great. It takes so long to pack everything up for a mobiel appointment, only to unpack when someone comes to my home :rolleyes:

Hiya...sorry i had problems with my camera...here is a pic...draws are a little untidy cos i have just done a home visit...you can lift it from the second draw and its fine...(if you life from the top white bit it comes off)...it also come with wheels but i didnt put them on cos then it wouldnt have fit under my desk....i have had no problems with this at all, the draws hold loads...hope this helps xxx

Angie, how long ago did you buy it and are they still for sale ???? also can you remember how much you paid for it.

Thanks
Val

Cameo Val said:
Angie, how long ago did you buy it and are they still for sale ???? also can you remember how much you paid for it.

Thanks
Val

Well you see Minkus (Amber) had one and i thought it was brill so she get one for me...from the coop...was 15 or 20 pounds..def no more than 20...and she picked it up for me about 2 months ago...if you have a coop near you its worth popping in and asking...failing that...you can buy this sort of thing from lots of places...Argos, etc...all i will say though is that if you get the sort that you put together yourself...you wont be able to pick it up with out the draws separating...NOT GOOD....so you have to be sure its the ready made sort...that way you can lift it up from the side of the first/ second draw. Try coop though..i am sure they would still have them.

Hiya!

I have one very similar to this i got from B&Q, it has two deep draws a little deeper than yours Angie and about six smaller ones! Carn't quite remember the exact size as part of it is at the salon.
You can seperate each draw and put them in any order, i.e. deep drawes on bottom smaller on top you get the picture! It all comes apart you sort of clip it together and use as many as needed or just a few if space is a problem under your desk it also has weels on the bottom too.

Will get a picture for you, cost about £25 but is so strong i found.

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

http://uk.shopping.com/xDN-furniture-Plastic_Drawers~LO-1~CR-1~CLT-HSNLF

Here is a link with some like it ( the first two if this link is correct), mine has a white frame with more draws mixed (two large ones like the first one and then four/six smaller draws like the second.)

NailStyle said:
Well you see Minkus (Amber) had one and i thought it was brill so she get one for me...from the coop...was 15 or 20 pounds..def no more than 20...and she picked it up for me about 2 months ago...if you have a coop near you its worth popping in and asking...failing that...you can buy this sort of thing from lots of places...Argos, etc...all i will say though is that if you get the sort that you put together yourself...you wont be able to pick it up with out the draws separating...NOT GOOD....so you have to be sure its the ready made sort...that way you can lift it up from the side of the first/ second draw. Try coop though..i am sure they would still have them.

hi ive just read your thread & have also read your other threads 2 & you seem sooo helpful im still having trouble getting on the site meself & theres sooo many questions to ask being a real geek i feel!!! can you help on how i get onto the site pls? thx very much

Nails 4 u

Ahhhh...thanks hun...thats such a nice thing to say. Just Pm me if you need any help xxxx was it the link for the draws you couldnt get onto...?

you are on the site nails 4 u.....? what site are you trying to get onto? x

yep fabarooney...fit nicely under the peanut table.....got em about hmmmm 6-8 weeks ago...£15....from local co op

except..............

Went to a lovely ladys house the other night...a regular (yep and i dont do mobile any more:( )

she 'helped' me out with my kit.....................held it by the top....top fell off in her hands...stuff smashed out everywhere..........luckily lamp was in another box:biggrin: ...

moral of the story dont let ANYONE help you with your kit!!!!

OR get a more sturdy set!!!

angie...............:hug: is my ickle buddy btw..met through this geeky site

ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cameo Val said:
I think that the ironing board suggestion is the best way. I did this for 18 months and clients were happy to get it out. Once I had it set up, completely covered in white fluffy towels, equipment set up on one side, retail stuff on other side, and my metal box case by my side with all my stuff to hand, it really looked the biz. And as stated before it is the perfect width and you can put it to the correct height. Also it is an item that every home has. So I will come down on the side of the previous tech who recommended it.

I always told my clients that it saved me lugging a heavy mobile table around and they were more than happy to get out the old ironing board. Another good thing about using the ironing board, as opposed to the clients tables etc is that if you did have an accident on it they are not so expensive to replace, where as the cost of having a table re varnished etc would be astornomical.

I initially didn't think the ironing board idea was so great, but have used it twice due to client having limited space and it worked a treat. Client didn't mind either. Pop a towel or two over the surface and their board is protected of any spills. Why not give it a go. If you seriously don't like it, then you don't have to do it again.

Hi girls, hope you're all doin fine?

Now this may be a bit unproffesional but I don't do waxing yet......... (Aberdeen College has stopped doing nightclasses is depilation - miffed :( )....anyhoooooo.

Many moons ago, the first and last time I got my bikini line waxed (ouch!!! :cry: ) the mobile tech who came to my house took a shower curtain with her. She laid it down on the lounge floor, behind the sofa, asked me to lay on it....... and off she went, and left with her ears burning as I must have said some awful things to her!!! Well it was sore!

So that's always a suggestion if it's acceptable in the world of waxing. She said it worked a treat, no wax on the carpet, quick, easy and wipes down. Hope that helps and saves you luggin your couch with ya.

Cheers. Sherry.

P.S.......Is it just me??? Draws or Drawers? Hmmm. xx

Im Mobile And I Also Work From Home Too, But When I Go Out Mobile I Have One Of Those Little Trolly's For Suitcases That Folds Down To Nothing, Its Really Good For Carting All My Boxes Ext The Only Time You Have To Lift It Is When You Either Go Upstairs Or Over Door Steps And Cos Iv Got An Expandable Strap To Keep Everything Together Its Also Easier To Lift Not Too Much Weight But As For The Couch I Ask My Clients To Come To Me For Waxing As Its Easier To Set Everything Up At Home Ready To Use As Soon As They Come Through The Door, Not Have To Wait For The Wax To Heat Up Etc, That Maybe Worth A Thought To You.

Where do you buy those?

Hi there

Just wondered what about sugaring, would that make life easier as a mobile therapist? Seems to be gaining in popularity these days.

Regards
Deb379

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your suggestions !

I've just come back from holiday and my brain hasn't quite woken up yet, so will re-read later and try to take everything in !!

Deb,

I only rarely use honey wax, as I am qualified in sugaring and find it far more gentler than traditional waxing. However, you still need to heat up the strip sugar as you would normal wax, so you still need all of your equipment.

River

Latest posts

Back