Best free web sites ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
OMG,I have had the worst evening I have had for ages.I've been trying to find a good,easy,free website.I thought I had found a good one,but when it came to writing my treatments out it was so non user friendly I couldn't stand it so I deleted the thing.Then I found the Google one which I cannot navigate around to save my life.:cry:

I just want something eye catching,user friendly,free and ideal for listing beauty treatments and uploading pics etc.

Would be very greatful for advice.Do you think I should pay to have one made?I have designed my own price lists etc and dont usually have probs with things but im not having a lot of luck at all.Help please:hug:

Hi, it's not free but it is very cheap.......try Create - The website you want they have an interface that is really easy to use and perfect for the kind of site you want to make.

I don't work for them honest, but have used them and its really professional, there is a free trial too for 30 days.

Take a look and see what you think, there are examples of the kind of sites ordinary peeps create!

Create - The website you want

Hi Babs...

I use a package called Mr Site. I got it from Amazon, the blue version (I think there is beginner, normal and pro, and I got the normal)

It was only £23 or something, and I find it really easy to update etc. Have a look at my site...only thing is I don't have many pictures on but that is because I'm waiting on someone else to upload them...

www.mandarinhair.com

OMG,I have had the worst evening I have had for ages.I've been trying to find a good,easy,free website.I thought I had found a good one,but when it came to writing my treatments out it was so non user friendly I couldn't stand it so I deleted the thing.Then I found the Google one which I cannot navigate around to save my life.:cry:

I just want something eye catching,user friendly,free and ideal for listing beauty treatments and uploading pics etc.

Would be very greatful for advice.Do you think I should pay to have one made?I have designed my own price lists etc and dont usually have probs with things but im not having a lot of luck at all.Help please:hug:

Hi hun,
I think it is always best to get these things done professionally. Dont get me wrong I have seen some very good DIY sites, but a website designer does loads of things techniqually that we dont know about to help the site get recognised by all search engines etc.
Ruth Mills did my site for me & Carl Verve did my logo & graphics - they are affordable & a fantastic duo, & once you have your site you have got it forever, so I think its definatly worth the investment.
Also with my site, Ruth has a system Salon Alchemy - where you can change, edit, add information, swap links with others, store clients information, confirm testimonals & many more.
Definatly worth getting in touch with.
Hope that helps :hug:

Hi hun,
I think it is always best to get these things done professionally. Dont get me wrong I have seen some very good DIY sites, but a website designer does loads of things techniqually that we dont know about to help the site get recognised by all search engines etc.
Ruth Mills did my site for me & Carl Verve did my logo & graphics - they are affordable & a fantastic duo, & once you have your site you have got it forever, so I think its definatly worth the investment.
Also with my site, Ruth has a system Salon Alchemy - where you can change, edit, add information, swap links with others, store clients information, confirm testimonals & many more.
Definatly worth getting in touch with.
Hope that helps :hug:

Hi Babs...

I use a package called Mr Site. I got it from Amazon, the blue version (I think there is beginner, normal and pro, and I got the normal)

It was only £23 or something, and I find it really easy to update etc. Have a look at my site...only thing is I don't have many pictures on but that is because I'm waiting on someone else to upload them...

www.mandarinhair.com

Hi, it's not free but it is very cheap.......try Create - The website you want they have an interface that is really easy to use and perfect for the kind of site you want to make.

I don't work for them honest, but have used them and its really professional, there is a free trial too for 30 days.

Take a look and see what you think, there are examples of the kind of sites ordinary peeps create!

Create - The website you want

Thankyou everyone,I will have a look at the mentioned sites.I have thought about getting someone to do the site for me.I was looking through various websites for about 5 hours yesterday,I found some of the sites haven't got the right layout for you to list all the treatments,some are really hard to work with and some had way too many banners,though I understand you have to have that if it's free.

Thanks again:hug:

I know you want a free one but please have a look at Vista print. It's the easiest site ever to put together. I have a shop and can add photos etc...you can try it free for one month. There are packages as small as £2.99 i think xxx

I know you want a free one but please have a look at Vista print. It's the easiest site ever to put together. I have a shop and can add photos etc...you can try it free for one month. There are packages as small as £2.99 i think xxx

I will have a look,thanks Kylie and everyone else for your advice.

Mine is from weebly feel free to have a nosey. I initially used freewebs, but found it really difficult to work with. Weebly was really easy. You could have a look at them all and see if any of them have a template you like.

Search engine wise I think it is not too bad, I get lots of hit on my website now and it is on first page when googling for my area (also at top for google maps) xxx

Mine is from weebly feel free to have a nosey. I initially used freewebs, but found it really difficult to work with. Weebly was really easy. You could have a look at them all and see if any of them have a template you like.

Search engine wise I think it is not too bad, I get lots of hit on my website now and it is on first page when googling for my area (also at top for google maps) xxx
Thanks Jen will take a peek.x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back