Best friend announces engagement on Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you've fallen out with her!

I can see where you're coming from. When I got engaged I phoned my family and friends first. I even stopped putting it on fb until my close friend who was getting back from holiday that day found out as I would have hated her to find out on fb rather than from me...esp as I wanted to ask her to be bridesmaid at the same time!

Weird how she didn't mention it to you when she text on the Saturday!

There is more to worry about in the world and I think it is a shame when silly things spoil friendships. You told her you were upset she didn't see why, sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. Personally I would never announce anything on fb but lots of people choose to live their lives on there, we are all different. Xxxx

Everyone is different, as I however wouldn't be upset by this at all.

I can understand why she might be annoyed you questioned her about it
because she will be on cloud 9 & it might seem like your trying to rain on her parade. (I'm not saying you are but that's how I'd feel if I were your bf)

I only have my best friends & family on fb so I would have no problems
Making an announcement on there as its there for all to see.

I'd tell my parents before hand but I see no difference in telling someone on text or fb.

However that's how I feel so if your close like sisters I can understand your upset, you just hAve to imagine the shoe on the other foot. She probably doesn't care who knows or how but all she wants to do is tell the world she's engaged.

Hugs xxx

Bloody Facebook! Causes so many problems!

If she's been your good mate for 10 years it would be a shame to fall out over it. You've said to her that you're upset (even though she doesn't get why) but now you may have to be the bigger person and extend the olive branch. Maybe go round with an engagement card and a bottle of wine and tell her you don't want to fall out over this and that you are happy for her. Then let her go on for hours about her plans. You never know, she may have been intending to ask you to be a bridesmaid. Good luck x

I personally hate Facebook!!!it causes so much upset,people read it wrong,old time girl pick up the phone to see how your freinds and family getting on nothing better than a chat for two hours.....

If she's been your good mate for 10 years it would be a shame to fall out over it. You've said to her that you're upset (even though she doesn't get why) but now you may have to be the bigger person and extend the olive branch. Maybe go round with an engagement card and a bottle of wine and tell her you don't want to fall out over this and that you are happy for her. Then let her go on for hours about her plans. You never know, she may have been intending to ask you to be a bridesmaid. Good luck x
This is a good idea!

Like I said, I'd be really upset too but I wouldn't want to lose my friend over it either. If there is nothing else going on aside from this and you want to keep your friend, you might just have to get over it. :hug:

Latest posts

Back