Best/longest lasting foundation? ...My foundation is just sliding off me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Hey guys :green:

I was just wondering what you use?

I used to be able to wear my foundation ALL day & it wouldn't budge, this was nearly any foundation I used, such as Clinique Super Balanced, MAC Studio Fix Fluid etc And i was happily using these foundations on my clients (I done freelance make-up while at uni) without a second thought cos it lasted so well for me... I should say at this point I had normal skin

Now a few months after having a bambino (could that be the reason?) my skin has become quite oily! :rolleyes: & make-up just slides off me.. & I think I've tried it all, changing my skin care, primers, foundations, powders, sealers.... what am I doing wrong?

I'm just about to start make-up again & this is really concerning me, what if it doesn't last a client?

Sorry, I know that was long, thanks for reading!

Hi
I am not a therapist and have no make up experiace. I do however have a child and oily skin!
Hormones definatly change your skin! So I would guess that your right, maybe changing products is not helping either? I find that that using strong products makes it worse and that exfoliating 2/3 times a week helps.
I use bare minerals make up which I love! it lasts all day, looks natural and I find that as it is a loose powder it doesn't feel heavy or oily.
Hope that helps! :)

Hi Louise, congratulatios on your new bambino and I am sorry you are experiencing problems with your skin and foundations.

I have 3 questions for you. What changes have you made to your skin care (could you be more specific) and are you on any medication? Also are you still breast feeding? Im not prying, but these are questions I would ask my clients with similar problems.

At the last beauty show I picked up some Elizebeth R make up, I have always had oily skin, especialy on my forhead and in the past have found the only foundation that stands a chance is the max factor total coverage. This Elizebeth R is very good, I apply with my brush, get a floorless finish and lasts until I take it of which last Friday was 16 hours later. Good prices too.

i just bought fresh minerals and its really nice and seems to last all day on me, freshminerals.co.uk

Hi Louise, congratulatios on your new bambino and I am sorry you are experiencing problems with your skin and foundations.

I have 3 questions for you. What changes have you made to your skin care (could you be more specific) and are you on any medication? Also are you still breast feeding? Im not prying, but these are questions I would ask my clients with similar problems.

NO not at all - I appreciate the help! :)

I used to use the Clarins multi-active moisturiser & cleanser & toner for dry skin, I've switched to to the all skin skin types cleanser & toner, plus the ultra-matt lotion.

No, I'm not breast feeding, I never did, & this problem maybe started when he was 3months old (that I noticed, I suppose I wasn't really putting my make-up to the test before that). I am on meds but I didn't start them til after I noticed this problem

This might sound barmy but if u have very oily skin try using milk of magnesium as a primer after cleansing before moisturing.... Sounds mad but ur make up won't budge all day. Must stress only works for very oily skins

Latest posts

Back