Best natural nail dryers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aoife100

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to get some natural nail dryers, we have small mini battery operated ones but they are pretty crap.

What does everyone recommend for natural nail dryers (polish etc)?

Thanks,

As far as I'm aware, nail driers do nothing apart from keeping the client still so she doesn't smudge the polish. You'd be better to use a spray of Solar Spray, or a drop of Solar Oil.
Marion xx

Nail dryers don't work!! Oxygen inhibits the drying of polish, as Marion said above the only way they help is to keep the client immobile for 5-10 mins

A drop of solar oil over each polished nail will cut the oxygen of the surface and help the polish to dry quickly

HTHs xx

Last edited:
I only have one for the 'American feel' but they do nothing and I spray solar speed spray on them and this is what is working to dry them! client often say you forgot to put this hand in and guess what both hands are as dry as the other!
I use a daylight one as its roomy and looked good. The UV part does not work tho - design flaw!!!

LOL at "American Feel". I never used one when I worked in the US and when I had my nails done in the US, I would just ask the tech to spray speed dry or use solar oil on my nails.

I agree with everyone else, a drop of solar oil or equivalent and save yourself the aggro.

Good Luck
N.

Like the others, I don't recommend them at all. They are all useless.

Once again it helps to know your chemistry and how your products work and then you can fully understand why things like this are ineffective.

Ha, I'm American and I don't even like the dryers. More of my clients mess their nails up trying to put their hands in or take them out. What a mess. I polish then use Poshe' top coat, then let set for like two minutes and after that give them a couple of minutes under a fan I hold over them, Spray them with Solar Speed spray and they are good to go.

LOL
I've had clients ask why I don't have a nail dryer OR the odd one will shove her hand into the uv lamp for her nails to dry :rolleyes: and I've had to explain time and again that the only reason techs use them is to keep their clients immobile.

To one client, I offered (jokingly, she has a good sense of humour) to buy some velcro wrist straps and I'd strap her to the table (she's a "hand-talker" and smudges all the time). She said to me, "don't waste the money just for me, I'll bring my own" :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back