Best shampoo for greasy roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeshda

Reaction score
Hi :)

I have long, straight hair with greasy roots and normal ends. For the past year and a half, I've been using L'oreal Professionel Sebo Control shampoo, and my hair did really well with it. It was not too drying, and left my hair really clean. It also lasted a long time, the big bottle lasted me for almost a year!

I just ran out of it and asked my mum to get me some more, only to find out it was discontinued. The lady at the store told my mum the only L'oreal Professionel available for greasy hair wasn't as good as the one I was using, so she didn't get it.

What other salon shampoos are good, and comparable to the sebo control? If possible, suggest more than one product, because I don't know if I'll be able to find some of the products where I live.

Thank you so much in advance :)

I have the same issue as you and haven't found many shampoos suited to my hair type - most stop stocking their shampoo range for Oily Hair (like it doesn't exists :green:). I use Garnier Fructis Oily Roots, Dry Ends. I assume it's also available where your are.

Have you thought about getting the sebo online, like ebay etc..?

Wella's SP Regulate has sorted out my greasy roots, fine hair problem.

Wella's SP Regulate has sorted out my greasy roots, fine hair problem.

Hi, I have the same problem fine hair greasy roots so I too will give that a try , thanks calla :hug:

try tigi superstar, or tigi self absorbed, and when u apply conditioner dont massage the scalp just take it throo the midlenghts and ends, dont over stimulate the scalp or it wilkl produce oil faster, always finish with a 1 minute cool rinse and blow dry with body to lift hair off the scalp, u cud also always get a dry shampoo like tigi rockaholic for inbetween shampoos to just dry up the roots. . .x

Latest posts

Back