Best top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickle

Reaction score
Since I have had a baby and am always washing my hands ect. my nail polish will just not stay on anymore. It used to last abut a week but now I am lucky if it lasts 3 days! Am I loosing my touch or does anyone know of a bullet proof top coat? My nails are natural at the moment.

Since I have had a baby and am always washing my hands ect. my nail polish will just not stay on anymore. It used to last abut a week but now I am lucky if it lasts 3 days! Am I loosing my touch or does anyone know of a bullet proof top coat? My nails are natural at the moment.

Why not an overlay of one of the gorgeous colours from Bio that are around at the mo, Juls....you do Bio don't you?

That'll last you 3 weeks for sure - and will rival any top coat!

I love Creative's Air Dry.......a great topcoat.
Of course there is super shiney too.

A top coat is not the answer to your problems.

Nails that are in and out of water all day and doing the 'fiddly' things that new babies require take a hammering. They soak up the water and swell up and then they dry out and the bond between the polish and the nail gets broken and they chip and peel. It ¡s what you are doing, not what you are wearing.

Get your nails protected with an overlay and the problem will disappear.

By the way, nails with an overlay are far less likely to scratch than natural nails which are much more sharp. Safer for the wee one.

Make sure you use a good base coat too, and cap the nails with the polish to help prevent it peeling.

I was going to say "I don't have time for overlay anymore" but actually it's no different from painting a natural nail as you need to wait for them to dry anyway.......dur, why didn't I think of that?!!!!! Thanks girls.

xxxx

don't forget solar oil over the nails daily will sort you out...

Ok, I have solved my problem. It's Creative all the way! This is the best combo in the world, my nail polish has now been on 7 days without chipping and that is: constantly washing stuff(baby stuff incl), wrapping presents, putting up tree, cooking ect and nooooooo chips at all.

It is: sticky base coat then Voodoo enamal then super shiny top coat finishing with solar oil.

Ok, I have solved my problem. It's Creative all the way! This is the best combo in the world, my nail polish has now been on 7 days without chipping and that is: constantly washing stuff(baby stuff incl), wrapping presents, putting up tree, cooking ect and nooooooo chips at all.

It is: sticky base coat then Voodoo enamal then super shiny top coat finishing with solar oil.
Gotta Love Super Shiney :D
I find that if I do a 'full prep' (as per enhancements) that enamel lasts much longer.

Glad you've found something that works :D

Gotta Love Super Shiney :D
I find that if I do a 'full prep' (as per enhancements) that enamel lasts much longer.

Glad you've found something that works :D

Love it, will never use anything else again!

Sandi,

are you removing the shine with a 240 grit as well?

aj

Sandi, are you removing the shine with a 240 grit as well?
Yep, no differently to how I prep for enhancements.
I've found that the enamel, whether it's coloured or french, lasts for a lot longer.

Out The Door is a great top coat. Dries in 45 seconds....LOVE this stuff.

SC

Latest posts

Back