Best wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I currently use sallys salon services wax and would now like to upgrade, I wouldn't have chosen to go with them but was essential with their training.

Can anyone recommend another good warm wax, I would have liked Lycon but you have to do their training and am not forking out more money at the moment.

Thanks x

I only do warm wax - with strips - and always go back to Salon Systems cream Vanilla wax. It is slightly more than a lot of others, but I really like it, and it makes the treatment room smell lovely x

Salonserve do a lovely Vanilla Creme wax and is cheaper than any other wax I have found but really great at grabbing every hair.

If you want to go more expensive then have a look at the new generation waxes such as the brand new Adam & Eve, which I am using at the moment or something like Perron Rigot or Berins

I think the salon services one in Lavender is a good wax and smells nice. None of my clients complain and have even said its less painful than other waxes! I wouldn't spend much on a warm wax if I were u.... Hot wax is different and I wouldn't use anything other than Lycon for my hollywoods and brazilains and even underarm now!

I love Perron Rigot and always have done. They have a range of strip waxes some hypoallergenic and an aromatherapy range as well as the classic honey/natural wax.

There are so many brands and types to choose from and its never easy making the choice. So try and get a few samples if you can or Perron Rigot run a discovery day where you can come and try out their whole range for yourself so you can try before you buy and get to practice on students.

Good luck, Jack

I was in your shoes few months ago.
We do only facial waxing/brow design so I switched to hard wax. What an awesome choice that was!!
I tried Lycon, Berodin and Perron Rigot
From the Lycon range I tried the White coconut wax, Lycojet (very nice). They are both very gentle.
Berodin is awesome, thin application, very strong.
PR- I tried Cristalline (nice, good hypoallergenic wax) but I liked the Blue one (in Europe it's called Euroblonde) the most.
Few days ago I tried PR Visage (yellow, made for face) and its lovely!!
Feels super gentle, it's flexible and it pulls all the hair.

My choice right now is the Visage :)

I have just changed wax too and I now use Satin Smooth Aloe vera/Cucumber creme wax and I think its fab. Easily heated up, a nice consistency and applies really smooth and it leaves a flawless finish. I would highly recommend it. I purchase mine from Capital hair and beauty.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I use Berodin- formally Berins, for hot & strip wax. Love them both :) x

Salon services or deo do a great creme tea tree wax, smells great and is soothing for the clients too.

Perron Rigot offer a range of high quality strip and non strip waxes to suit all hair and skin types. I'm using Homme at the moment as it's very gentle on the skin and removes strong hair, so it's perfect for intimate waxing.

Last edited:
salon services tea tree cream wax for strip waxing and perron rigot Euroblonde for hot wax with jasmine oil.
The vanilla one sounds lovely,i might give it a try :)

Perron Rigot offer a range of high quality strip and non strip waxes to suit all hair and skin types. I'm using Homme at the moment as it's very gentle on the skin and removes strong hair, so it's perfect for intimate waxing.

Kim, have you used PR Visage? I'm falling in love with it!
Homme not available here

Morning,
if you visit our adam and eve distribution website, you can see information about our range and if you are interested in a conversion course, it also has details of our converesion course through NCBT.
You DO NOT however have to attend the conversion course to be able to purchase the range of waxes.
Please have a look - you might be pleasantly surprised :)

The range has only just been launched in the UK, but has been recieved very well - there are a few mentions already on salon geek.

I hope this is of help.
Any questions please ask.

Last edited:
Caron Brilliance White Wax - the BEST.

Caron Brilliance White Wax - the BEST.

I'm just trying that in a roller at the moment ... Not Sure about it yet. Seems a bit 'oily' is best word I can think of.

My personal recommendation for strip wax is Pearl by Depileve, an amazing super thin and amazing value for money wax. Goes on body nice and cool and spreads super thin.

I'm also quite a fan of Hive waxes if you prefer something more readily available in 425g tubs. Or the Pro Wax from Beauty Express, goes on thicker but does a good job and is very affordable.

But you need to try several and see what works best for you.

If you want to have a look at our website, we offer sample packs for therapists who are already trained in waxing Waxing that way you can try the wax and see if it suits you and your clients?

Hi everyone,
just wanted clarify something that has been asked about a couple of times.
You do not have to attend our wax conversion course in order to purchase our range on the website adamandevedistribution.

If you are trained and qualified, and register on the website you have full access to information, pricing, and the shopping basket.

We would love to have you attend the course as we think it really is good, should you need any more information, please dont hesitate to ask. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back