Best way to keep diamonte's on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Mill

Reaction score
What product is the best at keeping diamonte's on fingers and toes, at the moment i just use nail glue, but was wondering if there is a better product i could be using to keep them on longer

Thanks

Sarah xx

hi sarah, im not a nail geek but just wanted to say that i had my nails done last week and it was shellac and she set the diamontes into the top coat then added an extra layer of top coat over the fingers with them on. they havent moved :) hope this helps xx

Thanks I was thinking about using some kind of gel top coat xx

I use a fibreglass resin & activator they stick solid, no top coat so no loss of shine :)

I use this over shellac.

Last edited:
I think you will be hard pushed to get them to stick in just polish without using a glue ...

But if you use a gel top coat and set them in before curing that coat, there won't be a problem at all .. they stay put for a good 3 weeks! x

i do gel, then use the edge nail glue and finish weith asp nail art sealant- mine have been on ages, they will grow out rather than fall off

A good UV top coat will keep them on.

I put some on my toes on a normal french polish. I set them into a wet OPI top coat then put another top coat over. It lasted for 8 weeks until I decided to change my polish and I really struggled to get them off! They were really stuck!
Rhiannon x

Girls do u use usual polish then set them in then a gel top coat and cure? Im confused

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I use a fibreglass resin & activator they stick solid, no top coat so no loss of shine :)

I use this over shellac.

Sounds great as it's the loss of sparkle I'm struggling with.

Can you tell me steps your using with resin & activator please as this is not something I've used before?

Latest posts

Back