Best way to soak off nail tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
What is the best way to soak of acyrlic nail extensions? x

Is this for home work ?
if it is why not tell us what you think is the best way?
im not trying to be mean its just we cant really give you answers it wouldnt be right . :hug:

its not for no homework no !

i simpley want helpful little tips , so when i come to soaking nails off at college i no what im doing ,and feel confident.

the way i think is right is soaking it of in nail polish remover?

pure acetone. i take small squares of aluminum foil, place under each finger, soak cotton ball with acetone, place on nail enhancement, wrap with foil so it doesn't leak. let soak for 10-15 minutes or longer, depends on how much time you have.:) it's the best way for me, i don't use a finger bowl that i'd have to clean later, just throw away foil and cotton when done.

thank you for the advice , so i was right in thinking it was acetone then after all!

are those nail soakers any good?

It depends whether I am just soaking off one during a treatment or doing a full set soak off.

If only one or two need to be soaked off during a treatment then I use the foil method so I can carry on working on the others at the same time ...

If a full set soak off, I like to use the bowl 'bain marie' method so I can check and remove a bit at a time and I also think it is quicker to do it this way too.

It depends whether I am just soaking off one during a treatment or doing a full set soak off.

If only one or two need to be soaked off during a treatment then I use the foil method so I can carry on working on the others at the same time ...

If a full set soak off, I like to use the bowl 'bain marie' method so I can check and remove a bit at a time and I also think it is quicker to do it this way too.

Hi, I'm wondering why you would only soak off one or two acrylic nails, and not all of them.

Hi, I'm wondering why you would only soak off one or two acrylic nails, and not all of them.
Due to them being beyond repair. For instance, a couple of bad breakages or if the acrylic has 'popped' in zone 2, or real bad lifting on a couple of nails (which i very much doubt geeg suffers with :))
Why would you want to soak off the whole set if only 2 were damaged? Its a waste of product, a waste of time, and a waste of clients money. Which no doubt they would not be happy with if they had to pay out for a full soak off and new set everytime they damaged a nail or two.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back