Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Oh My..!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a really boring girl from Canada, I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW!!!!!!

Obsessed. I also love Geordie Shore, but that's a whole other thread. :D

OMG I love both these shows and was torn between them both last night!! As a north east lass Geordie shore won though and BFGW was recorded!! Didn't realise you got these programs in canada!! Maybe I'm being a bit dim!!

Salon geek needs a like button lol!
I have Romany in me too but I'm far from fake.. People quick to tar with same brush hey?can say I'm not offended what people say tho, should be proud what and who you are!
I haven't seen that thread so I'm off now to have a look lol!
I've not watched it from last night yet... Was it set in Peterborough?
:) x

Hello fellow gypsy lol.I'm not fake either but like you I never judge as they do what they do and have fantastic morels are polite and welcoming.

I'm very proud of who I am and do not care what people think or say about me.

If I could live in a caravan I would I spend all summer camping outside that life would suit me down to the ground.

Yes go and have a read it great thread lol.xx

If they are staying somewhere legitimate long term they will be paying council tax, but if they are always travelling or living on an unathorised site, they are not paying council tax.

Yes, the caravan may be expensive initially, but hardly comparable to buying and furnishing a house! I was not saying that they don't pay anything, just that their living expenses must be less.

The problem is the council haven't done there job to acommodate gypsies and there lifestyles which is very sad.there are very few traveling sites in England and not enough space and they wonder why travellers have no choice but to go where they can.

Jmo but why should they give up there way of life which goes back centerys because there is no council sites for them to live on the council should be accommodating all walkes of life.

Alot of gypsies leave school with no qualifications but that dosnt mean they can't earn a good living they work very hard to get there money.plus money gets passed down from generations call it inheritance.there are also places where they can get qualifications.

Alot of children these day go to school and stay at school as there parents what better for them so it's not all the same gypsies are changing with the times a little more now.x

I love this program...even though the false nails and spray tan on young girls was appalling, and the beauty pageant was beyond funny, I love the fact that they take such good care of their appearance........the sight of the pineapple and the palm tree squeezing into the car at the end will never leave me!

That dress maker is seriously talented. Its amazing what she can create. The dresses although not to everyone's taste are truly impressive! Must take forever to stick on those diamonds!!

And the 14 cakes...made of polystyrene or not were so detailed! You have to appreciate the effort that these professionals go to and the imagination of the girls :)

Wish i had that enthusiasm and imagination to dress up in some thing other than jeans and a top lol x

The problem is the council haven't done there job to acommodate gypsies and there lifestyles which is very sad.there are very few traveling sites in England and not enough space and they wonder why travellers have no choice but to go where they can.

Jmo but why should they give up there way of life which goes back centerys because there is no council sites for them to live on the council should be accommodating all walkes of life.

Alot of gypsies leave school with no qualifications but that dosnt mean they can't earn a good living they work very hard to get there money.plus money gets passed down from generations call it inheritance.there are also places where they can get qualifications.

Alot of children these day go to school and stay at school as there parents what better for them so it's not all the same gypsies are changing with the times a little more now.x

I don't actually watch the programme now because I thought that a lot of it was a negative representation and that the show was edited in a way to make people judge them unfairly and look down on them. At first I enjoyed it and found it funny, but then i realised that I shouldn't be getting enjoyment in that way so I stopped watching a long time ago. As you say, we shouldn't be tarring them all with the same brush but I feel that this programme encourages that x

I love this show. On last nights episode I thought there was a lot of focus on how well the girls look. The dress maker, cake maker and shop owner saying this. They always want to look their best. They may have different opinions of what 'best' is to others but to them and their community they look great.

At the beginning when the young girl was buying her communion dress with her sister, they didn't think the dress was provocative, they just thought she looked nice. So innocent. I thought that was lovely.

You have hit the nail on the head they don't see it as provocative at all it's our community that sees it as that because that is what we are taughtand our communitys narrow mined.

I think it's lovely and it's very special to them and very indearing xxx

My boyfriends family are gypsies, hes never lived in a caravan. His dad left school not able to read or write, he tought himself and now through antiques and property has worked his way up and done very well for himself.

My boyfriend also left school with few qualifications but now has a thriving business, they work really hard.

Im looking forward to my big fat gypsy wedding LOL:lick:

I don't actually watch the programme now because I thought that a lot of it was a negative representation and that the show was edited in a way to make people judge them unfairly and look down on them. At first I enjoyed it and found it funny, but then i realised that I shouldn't be getting enjoyment in that way so I stopped watching a long time ago. As you say, we shouldn't be tarring them all with the same brush but I feel that this programme encourages that x

I understand this. I do think you have to watch programmes like this with an open mind and realise that there's more to what we're being shown, because the camera does lie!

I am from a irish background I must say i love this program and i don't see anything wrong with what they do i think that they take a lot of pride in what they do and wear i do think that they are very smart and very proud of of there looks and always respect there family's i think that its brill and look forward to the next episode if only more people took as much pride in there selves

Latest posts

Back